Lead Accountant need for busy non-union LA Production Company.
Responsibilities to cover all aspects of production accounting including:
• Production Payroll
• Accounts Payable
• PO input
• Cost reporting & EFC analysis
• Credit Card and Petty Cash Expense reconciliation • Journal entries • Filing and administrative work
Must be highly organized and able to work in a fast paced office. Experience with Global Vista is mandatory.
Please send your resume, current rate, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
PAYROLL ACCOUNTANT FOR 1/2 HOUR SINGLE CAM PILOT
Looking for a savvy and fun payroll accountant for a half-hour single camera pilot shooting in Los Angeles.
Must know Showbiz Timecards Software and be proficient in PSL. Must be knowledgeable of all Unions and MOW/Longform agreement. The job starts August 9 through end of September. Thanks!
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: email@example.com
Quickbooks aficionado needed to troubleshoot some issues at a small production company in Santa Monica. Would like someone available to come in and review on Monday Aug 1st. May lead to additional part time work in the future. Please e-mail resume. Will contact before Sunday.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: firstname.lastname@example.org
KEY PRODUCTION ACCOUNTANT (LA) for indie feature, IATSE rate of 26.85/8, 1.5 for OT after 8.
Start Prep 8/8/16. Film will be signatory to IA, DGA, SAG and Teamsters. Great crew, good environment.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: email@example.com
Payroll Accountant / Clerk needed for film in Vancouver, BC (Locals Only)
Payroll accountant starts 8/2, clerk starts 8/22. Offices in beautiful downtown Vancouver.
If interested, please email your resume.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: firstname.lastname@example.org
IN-HOUSE PRODUCTION ACCOUNTANT NEEDED (L.A. AREA) Production Company is looking for an experienced, detail oriented Key Production Accountant with union experience to become part of the fulltime in-house production accounting team. Candidate must be a team player, provide excellent customer service and be a self-starter who can multitask, think out of the box and work well within a team setting. Candidate would be the senior accountant within the internal production accounting team who would handle multiple shows in the various stages of Development, Casting, Prep, Prod, Wrap and Post.
This position would also handle basic Production Accounting responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Weekly/Monthly cost reporting and cost projections.
• Weekly review of the Show Bibles, PO reports and Trial Balance reports.
• Petty Cash and P-Card handling.
• Handle accounts payables including the processing (receive, code and input) of purchase orders, invoices, check requests and credit card statements.
• Build Excel spreadsheets for analysis and various reporting projects.
• Capable of processing union & non-union payroll.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• Working knowledge of Cash Flows.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
• 4+ years of supervisory experience as a Key Production Accountant.
• Good understanding of union agreements and union rule (IATSE/DGA/SAG-AFTRA/WGA)
• On-location/travel Production Accountant experience a plus.
• CAPS Payroll & C-PAS experience a plus.
• Exhibits a willingness to be adaptable as well as flexible and demonstrate a desire to operate in a dynamic demanding environment.
• Effective at partnering with staff and crew in order to obtain key information to manage the financial activities for the show.
• Possess strong analytical skills necessary to identify issues and recommend solutions.
• Strong computer & organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proven prioritization, time management, multi-tasking and project management skills.
• Excellent working knowledge of Excel.
• Sound judgment, business acumen and the experience, confidence and stature to effectively address issues.
• Maintaining Confidentiality.
• Experience with reality TV shows a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience desired.
Interested and qualified applicants please email resume to email@example.com and reference “Staff Production Accountant” in the subject line of your email. Please include a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you would be a great fit.
Director, Production Finance in Burbank, CA
• Managing a staff of 4-5 employees
• Responsible for working with the department Vice President in implementing department procedures and workflows
• Responsible for the fiscal management and administration of both internal and external facets of development and production for original, licensed, and acquired network programming.
• Coordinate and manage pre-production finance and accounting inclusive of budget review, corporation set up, greenlight approvals, pre-buy of foreign currency, payroll/accounting systems set up, and production cash flow.
• Review and analyze all weekly production finance deliverables including: ledger bibles, cost reports, balance sheets, check registers, and purchase orders, to ensure accuracy and strict policy adherence.
• Closely monitor the production progress to ensure swift financial issue resolution.
• Provide financial support to Production Executives.
• Ensure adherence to all production accounting policies and procedures.
• Responsible for selecting and engaging freelance production accountants.
• Manage tax incentive process, including but not limited to applications, audits, qualified expense tracking, etc.
• Ensure production advances and studio paid costs are properly recorded in the production general ledger.
• Manage and review post production accounting functions with contracted firms.
• Provide guidance with accounting database systems and administration.
• Plan and perform ad hoc projects as needed
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in television or feature film production accounting is required.
• In depth understanding of motion picture industry accounting and financial practice.
• Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements.
• Passionate about television programming with a keen interest in and aptitude for learning the business.
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate strong analytical skills, and work well under pressure.
• Terrific outgoing interpersonal skills with the ability to conduct internal and external meetings
• Pragmatic, highly organized and high attention to detail.
• Demonstrate ability to work in a corporate environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, PSL3, Movie Magic, and Vista/GV.
• Strong written skills.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feature Film shooting in Nashville TN is looking for a local Payroll Accountant.
This is a IATSE Tier One project.
The position will start on August 15 and wrap up on October 21.
Prior Accounting experience and being a resident of Tennessee is a must.
If your are interested and available, please email your resume along with a cover letter.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: JimmySprague@gmail.com
Commerical Post Production Company in Santa Monica is looking for a detailed & results-driven Staff Accountant to oversee the daily accounting functions of a fast paced Company. As an integral part of the team, the Staff Accountant is responsible for providing support and assisting the Controller. Candidate needs to be energetic, detail oriented, and self starter who can multi task and think out of the box.
•Actively manage AR/AP processes and perform daily/monthly/quarterly reconciliations. •Process employee expense reports on cash and corporate credit cards with high accuracy. •Assist with processing payroll.
•Build Excel reports from pulled data for various reporting projects. •Build automated reports from technical / reporting programs. •Assist in preparation and analysis of monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements and management reports accurately and in a timely manner. •Support in compilation of annual and quarterly close information. •Assist with various HR duties •All other tasks and duties as assigned to support the team and department.
•Working knowledge of Quickbooks is a must (2yrs minimum) – test will be given.
•Bachelor’s degree or Certification in Accounting preferred. •Advanced working knowledge of Excel and strong database skills •Strong financial acumen and analytical agility •Proven prioritization, time management and project management skills •Mac Computer proficient •Google Drive & Doc knowledge required
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: email@example.com
Accounting Clerk needed for a TV Series in Los Angeles.
Duties include filing, preparing scanning, opening and prepping mail, and assisting the Accounting Department as needed.
Position starts at the end of August. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org