Sr Analyst Production Finance
Location: CA – Burbank
Employment Type: Regular
Job Category: Hasbro Studios
Sr Analyst, Production Finance
This role will be responsible for production finance analysis and support in Hasbro Studios series, short-form and film slate. Additionally, this role will be responsible for processing residuals related to our content.
• Assists in the preparation of cost reports (i.e., updates Estimate to Complete [ETC] reports, ensures proper coding in production bible, prints and prepares cost reports for meetings, etc.)
• Uploads production budgets into production finance system (PSL – the Payroll vendor’s production accounting software)
• Assists in reconciling productions costs between SAP and PSL monthly
• Updates monthly production cash flow
• Consolidates production costs into production finance system (PSL)
• Provides financial support to team members as needed (i.e., processing Studio crew union and non-union payroll, creating purchase orders, enter accounts payable into PSL and prepare journals, etc.)
• Assists with various internal and external financial audit requests as needed
• Prepares residual cost analysis and administers the residual set-up information
• Coordinates credit lists and talent contracts to create a talent tracker for each production for accurate submission to Cast & Crew (external payroll services vendor) for residuals calculations
• Gathers and reports air history and revenue schedules to create trigger data, prepares purchase orders and reviews residual estimates for accuracy prior to invoicing from Cast & Crew
• Works with local paying/payroll agents, ensuring timely and accurate payments
• Updates and maintains residuals tracking chart
• Responsible for updating Monthly Residuals Status Report
• Reconciles accrued liability account for ultimate schedules
Specialized Knowledge / Skills
• Movie Magic budgeting
• PSL (Cast & Crew Production Accounting software)
• Understanding of SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA, and IATSE union contracts
• Production accounting background/experience along with knowledge of financial systems and general accounting concepts
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Able to read, comprehend, and interpret contracts
• Ability to research and report on relevant data
• Able to analyze data and make recommendations
• Comprehensive mathematical skills
• Problem solving and process management
• Must have a thorough knowledge of Microsoft applications (i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
• Detail oriented
• Able to organize, prioritize, and coordinate multiple tasks
Education and Experiences
College degree in Business, Finance, Economics or 3-5 years of relevant experience
You can apply online at:
LOOKING FOR LEAD ACCOUNTANT (EASTERN EUROPE)
Looking for a UK/EU based Lead Accountant for mid-level feature film shooting in Eastern Europe. Must have experience with multiple currencies, international crews, US unions/guilds and filming in Eastern Europe is a necessity. US/CN candidates will be considered only with multiple shows in Eastern EU. Job starts early June.
Please send resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a rockstar Accountant that can work one day a week in our Brooklyn office. Rate is $300/day. Will need to have a firm understanding of Quickbooks. Position starts immediately.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
The FX Finance department is seeking a Manager to work closely with the Director of Production Finance in overseeing production accounting of all FXP shows related to compliance and costs.
Manage pre-production accounting for all FXP shows, including supervising the Production Finance Analyst to facilitate the commencement of show’s production accounting operations.
Collaborate with VP and Director of Production Finance, Production Executives and Production Accountants in overseeing the entire post process including records management, show turnover, post-production accounting and issuing final costs.
Serve as the Finance Executive for assigned shows in production, acting as the primary point of contact for any issues that arise, enforcing accounting policies and procedures, recommending any improvements to upper management, and conducting spot audits.
Oversee ATL reconciliations for all FXP shows to ensure proper studio controls are in place, and payments to ATL personnel are accurate and timely.
Manage all bi-weekly funding requests received from production against cash flow/budget.
Manage all Tax Credit, Internal and Guild audits (SAG-AFTRA, WGA, DGA, MPI).
Manage various ad hoc projects (e.g., providing quarterly tax credit report to tax department, 1099 processes for all FXP shows annually).
Oversee various banking/treasury functions (e.g., processing pos pay exceptions, E1 depository reconciliations, new account set-up, etc.)
Four year college degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred
5+ years of experience in production accounting/finance preferred
Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to multitask
Strong analytical and written/verbal communication skills required
Strong MS Office skills required, with an emphasis on Excel; Vista, PSL, and Movie Magic Budgeting preferred
Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with internal/external partners
Must be comfortable working in a corporate environment, and also possess a solid understanding of production
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS Shannon.Morten@fox.com
Major Studio looking for Temp Production Accountant to handle Post Accounting and other production accounting duties for TV Finance Department. PSL & Global Vista experience.
Please send your Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MARS II, shooting in Budapest, Hungary.
I need a production accountant to work with the Production Controller, starting 6/06/17. working on budgeting, payroll, cashflow etc, Must have knowledge of PSL. International experience a plus,
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Independent film director seeks help with Quickbooks Online for Mac, to be set up for small, home-based production office based in Torrance (South Bay area of Los Angeles). Work to be done on site includes Quickbooks set up, creating chart of accounts, and tutorial help with ongoing operations, transitioning to periodic management of bookkeeping, and generation of year end reports for current documentary project. Prefer someone personable, local, and willing to work out of my home based office. Hourly pay between $35 to $55, commensurate with experience.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
Payroll accountant with a minimum 3 years experience in processing union payroll required for a NY based television production. Candidate should process knowledge of processing payroll for WGA, DGA, AFM , SAG /AFTRA. Must be highly organized and able to work independently within a fast paced environment .
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Strong lead accountant required for a New York based television reality show with minimum 5-7 years of experience. Should have experience in cash flow, cost reports and projections and Manage an accounting team.
Experience in PSL, global vista ,Vista 5.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd 2nd Assistant Accountant (Atlanta, GA – locals only)
Looking for a team player with experience in heavy a/p entry.
Series experience preferred. Ease/Smart Accounting software experience needed. Looking to start somebody immediately thru the end of September.
Please submit resume & references.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com