Accounting Clerk needed – Los Angeles
Looking for an experienced clerk to work on a 1 hour drama. Job duties include processing extras, opening mail, matching A/P to PO’s, preparing documents for scanning and other accounting duties as assigned. Must be detail-oriented, responsible, punctual. Vista experience a plus.
Please email resume with references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Clerk in subject line.
2nd Assistant Accountant needed – Los Angeles
1 hour drama series at a major studio seeks a 2nd Asst Accountant to start in May. Job duties include processing studio billing and other A/P, input, journal entries, opening accounts and research projects. Must be detail-oriented, responsible, punctual and have a good attitude. Vista experience preferred. Salary DOE.
Please email resume with references and salary requirements to Sdacctg@yahoo.com with 2nd Asst Acct in subject line.
Payroll Accountant needed – Los Angeles
Looking for an experienced payroll accountant for a high volume 1 hour drama series starting in May. Must have episodic television experience with processing DGA, IATSE, SAG and Teamsters. Showbiz experience required, tax credit experience a plus. Must be detail-oriented, responsible, punctual, have a can-do work attitude. Salary DOE.
Please email resume w/references and salary requirements to email@example.com with Payroll in subject line.
Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for a dynamic and self-starting individual to join our production accounting team. In this position the ideal candidate will be able to accurately perform significant detailed accounting functions supporting our various in-house productions, develop and maintain cross-functional relationships between various operating departments and supervise a team of production coordinators. The qualified individual will also be asked to take on various ad hoc projects and should possess an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial attitude.
This position requires a high standard for quality, attention to detail as well as someone who takes complete ownership of an assigned task.
· Oversee and manage production accounting team (including production accounting payroll)
· Maintain primary relationship with the outsourced payroll vendors
· Work closely with the Company’s production teams and coordinators on project set-up, payment processing and close-out of projects. Develop and provide weekly cash flow forecasts to corporate accounting team
· Develop production budgets as appropriate, track actuals and interface with producers (internal and external)
· Preparation of cost reports and fulfill information requests from external auditors and other interested parties
· Own and complete production accounting responsibilities and reporting requirements to the corporate accounting team timely and accurately (reconciliations, budget to actuals, etc.)
· Oversee and reconcile production expense cards and petty cash
· Ensure compliance with the Company’s financial policies/procedures
· Active participate within the accounting team
· Liaise with union contacts and provide support as applicable
· Manage and lead various ad hoc projects of varying time commitments
· 5+ years of experience
· Working knowledge of production accounting – budgets, accounting practices, contracts and production
· Experience working closely with corporate finance to establish long terms operational process, visibility and communication
· Prior experience working within a fast paced environment with multiple projects underway simultaneously
· Prior production payroll experience, including union payroll
Please visit us at http://www.DEFYMedia.com
At DEFY, we strive to build a vibrant culture, creative atmosphere, and all the perks and events you’d expect from a team that delivers some of the most entertaining and popular content on the web, day in and day out. Are you a rule breaker, an innovator, as passionate about creating and delivering great content as we are? Come DEFY with us.
Defy Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS Defy-HR@defymedia.com
PAYROLL CLERK (ATLANTA)
Looking for a Payroll Clerk. Experience in Episodic Television Preferred. Starting ASAP through the end of the year. Please don’t submit a resume if you do not have previous experience in production accounting.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS payrollclerkGA@yahoo.com
Seeking an experienced Los Angeles-based Production Accountant for a Tier 1 feature . Starts May 1th and continues through late July. Accountant will be based in LA, but film will be shooting in California, Illinois, and Pennsylvania. Unions: DGA, SAG-AFTRA, IATSE, Teamsters. Strongly qualified candidates ONLY please. Email PDF resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Production Accountant” in the subject line. Thank you!
Funny Or Die is an Emmy award-winning leader in comedy entertainment, combining Hollywood artistry with Silicon Valley innovation to deliver cutting-edge content. We are a media company, a production company and a tech company all rolled into one, and we’re looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join our team in West Hollywood.
He or she will manage all aspects of Corporate Accounting, including:
• Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
• Monthly, quarterly and annual financial closes, including timely financial reporting
• Local, state and federal regulatory reporting and tax filings
• Annual budget and quarterly reforecasts
• Development of internal control policies and procedures
• Annual audit and tax work
• Research of technical accounting issues for compliance
The ideal candidate is:
• Someone who both thinks big and pays attention to detail.
• An independent self-starter who’s also great at working with teams.
• A doer who likes getting their hands dirty.
• Able to take a joke and to give one.
• Comfortable with both formal and informal work environments.
The ideal candidate has:
• 8-10 years of progressive experience in Corporate Accounting
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• Minimum 2 years public accounting experience, CPA preferred
• Thorough knowledge of US GAAP
• Entertainment industry experience
Location: West Hollywood, CA
**All candidates must include a copy of their current resume in order to be considered for the role.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Funny Or Die is an Emmy award-winning leader in comedy entertainment, combining Hollywood artistry with Silicon Valley innovation to deliver cutting-edge content. We are a media company, a production company and a tech company all rolled into one, and we’re looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our team in West Hollywood.
Reports To: Corporate Controller
• Prepare journal entries including period end accruals, amortizations and revenue recognition calculations
• Reconcile all division balance sheet accounts and work to resolve any discrepancies
• Prepare and tie-out monthly financial statement reports and supporting schedules
• Provide budget-to-actual and prior year-to-actual analysis with commentary
• Assist in the quarterly preparation of budgets and forecasts
• Create and update a weekly cash forecast
• Liaise with staff and business partners to obtain any needed information
• Calculate and report third-party participation statements
• Other duties / special projects as assigned
• 3-5 years of progressive experience in Corporate Accounting
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Public accounting experience preferred, CPA preferred
• Prior Entertainment industry experience required
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, including analyzing and interpreting contracts
• Ability to work independently while also being an active team member
• Ability to liaise effectively and professionally with other functional areas within the organization and with external clients
• Ability to manage multiple, deadline-driven assignments
• Ability to work efficiently and proactively, with excellent attention to detail
• Intermediate MS Word and Excel skills
Location: West Hollywood, CA
**All applicants must include a copy of their current resume in order to be considered for the role.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
PRODUCTION ACCOUNTANT (BURBANK)
Exciting position managing a portfolio of non-theatrical, short form projects. This is a non-union, freelance position. Production experience using Vista and Movie Magic along with an in-depth knowledge of Excel required. Experience with animation and/or VFX a plus. Flexibility is key and an eagerness to work in an exciting and fast paced environment.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Busy Television Production Company in Culver City seeks a temporary (3-5 months possibly longer) payroll accountant with proficiency in IA payroll, someone with a great attitude, proven efficiency and dedication during an especially busy time. We have several shows going at the moment. We have a relaxed, friendly corporate environment. Non-union. Must have complete facility with Classic Vista, we will not train. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resume, salary requirements and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put Production Accounting in the subject line.