The Lead Accountant will be responsible for all accounting functions for the production of a first season television show (13+mm) and manage the Payroll Accountant and Accounting Assistant. The Lead Accountant will be responsible for managing a tight budget with emphasis on weekly cost reporting. The Lead Accountant will manage all aspects of accounting. Additional responsibilities include the following:
• Manage all costs and prepare budget to actual reporting on a weekly basis.
• Provide variance report to on site management as well as headquarters to explain all variances in expenses.
• Create and prepare cash flow analysis for the show and ensure that eh appropriate flow of funding is available from headquarters.
• Resolve all escalated accounts payable issues.
• Manage a high volume of petty cash, sign checks, and manage credit card reconciliations on a weekly basis.
• Establish and monitor budget and spending expectations with production staff.
• Track all production assets on the balance sheet and expense and manage corresponding depreciation.
• Work closely with assigned branch personnel to compile and consolidate financial information
• Manage Payroll Accountant and Accounting Assistant and provide direction as well as assign and manage daily tasks for the accounting team.
5 years of accounting experience
Must understand the television production industry with game show or contest experience preferred
Self-directed, highly motivated and strong team player
Must understand union payroll (IATSE, SAG, ATRA, AFM)
Strong MS-Excel skills
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Looking for a strong Key Accountant with One-hour Scripted Episodic experience for a project in Atlanta, GA.
The job starts April 3 and continues through mid-November. Non-affiliate benefits (LA or NY hires)
Please send resumes to Blee@lionsgate.com
LA Production Company seeks an Experienced Production/Payroll Accountant for several shows. The position works directly with the Director of Production Accounting to manage production costs and hold production teams accountable for actual expenses and forecasts.
Will Key and handle all aspects of production finance, managing the TB’s, Cash Flows, Cost Reports, Financial Reports, to include Month End Close, Bank Reconciliations, with an oversight of petty cash, credit card reconciliation, inter-company billing, payroll and ad hoc projects as needed.
This is a long-term position, possibly leading into Staff. Staff position provides Medical, Dental, Vision and other benefits to include Flex Spending.
Looking to start someone ASAP!
• Review Budget and prepare Cost Reports and Cash flows.
• Calculate and prepare weekly payroll.
• Manage the preparation of financial forecasts and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
• Work with corporate management to maintain appropriate financial and operational controls.
• Responsible for accounts payable, invoices, purchase orders, petty cash and wire transfers.
• Responsible for bank and credit card reconciliations.
• Oversee and verify payroll
• Prepare month-end and year end reports for corporate finance headquarters
• Administer tax compliance filing including 1099’s
• Prepare insurance claims as needed.
Must possess the following:
– 5 years experience as a Key or Lead is mandatory,
– Previous experience in processing Non-Union Payroll is mandatory,
– Strong knowledge of PSL, Movie Magic, Excel and Showbiz Timecards is required,
– A thorough working knowledge of television production,
– Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills,
– Must be able to prioritize jobs effectively within a fast-paced environment,
– Prior experience with studio productions preferred.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payroll Accountant needed for 1 Hour Network Series (L.A.)
March 20 2017
1-hour single-camera Network TV Series seeks an experienced Payroll Accountant. Candidate must have experience with processing IA/Teamsters/DGA/WGA/SAG-AFTRA.
Job to start mid Mid April.
Non-Affil benefits provided.
Please send a pdf of resume and references to email@example.com
Production Accountant opening for non-union feature shooting in Los Angeles. Must have experience with SAG, DGA, WGA contracts, cost reports and daily hot costs. Payroll company is Entertainment Partners. Prep begins in April. Shoots 20 days in May. We are open to 1st Asst. Accountants wanting to bump up to Key.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
PAYROLL ACCOUNTANT AND 1ST ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT NEEDED FOR NETFLIX FILM (LOS ANGELES)
Start date March 27th.
Tier 2 Feature.
Must be comfortable with PSL3.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Leading entertainment production company seeks Controller to handle all aspects of corporate finance and general oversight of production finance, including:
– Manage all corporate accounting operations including billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, GL and cost accounting, inventory accounting and revenue recognitionAccurately and timely record all transactions
– Provide monthly reporting to parent company on a timely schedule
– Detailed P&LBalance sheetStatement of cash flow
– Prepare annual corporate P&L, Balance Sheet, Statement of Operations, and Statement of Cash Flows
– Process corporate payroll
– Manage corporate cash flow
– Main interface with bank and credit card companies
– Help in the creation and maintenance of all corporate dashboards/metrics with the specific purpose of helping predict the financial performance of the company
– Support in creating presentations for the board, working closely with senior management
– Review all financial plans and compare to actuals in order to identify, explain, and correct variances
– Manage all controls set forth in our accounting policies and procedures, ensuring no malfeasance by any personnel
– Manage Production Finance department:
– Oversee proper project cash flow
– Manage Production Accountants access to bank accounts
– Support month-end and year-end close processManage all reporting to networks after approval by EVP Production
– Manage corporate credit card reconciliation
– Manage any outsourcing – CPAs, principals’ business managers
– Coordinate the provision of information to external auditor for yearly financial audit
– Comply with appropriate GAAP standards and with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
– Research technical accounting issues for compliance
– Excellent accounting software use and administration skills
– Manage all record keeping, including filing system for company
Desired Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressive experience for a major company or division of a large corporation within the entertainment industry. CPA or CMA candidates preferred. Experience with creating financial statements. Ideal candidate must be adept at working quickly, within deadlines, in a fast-paced environment with a small department and able to work as a one-person department in many instances. Keen analytic, organizational, and problem solving skills a must. An ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels, including non-finance managers.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening for an Payroll Accountant. Candidate must have Location Episodic Series experience. If you do not have this qualification, do not respond. The series is being filmed in New Orleans, Louisiana. Scheduled for 9 Episodes, there are eight left. Project will film into late June, wrapping into mid-late July. This opening is to be filled as soon as possible. Qualified candidates send resumes with references to email@example.com. If conversations are successful…..pack.
Looking for Payroll Accountant & 2nd Assistant for Boston Area Production
Payroll Accountant (Distant & Local hires may apply)
Start date: 04/03/17
Must have experience with SAG/New Media IA/Local 25 Teamsters.
2nd Assistant (Locals Only)
Start date: 03/27/17
Must have knowledge of PSL
Data entry skills should include: A/P, PC, POs, PCards etc.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org