Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for a dynamic and self-starting individual to join our production accounting team. In this position the ideal candidate will be able to accurately perform significant detailed accounting functions supporting our various in-house productions, develop and maintain cross-functional relationships between various operating departments and supervise a team of production coordinators. The qualified individual will also be asked to take on various ad hoc projects and should possess an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial attitude.
This position requires a high standard for quality, attention to detail as well as someone who takes complete ownership of an assigned task.
· Oversee and manage production accounting team (including production accounting payroll)
· Maintain primary relationship with the outsourced payroll vendors
· Work closely with the Company’s production teams and coordinators on project set-up, payment processing and close-out of projects. Develop and provide weekly cash flow forecasts to corporate accounting team
· Develop production budgets as appropriate, track actuals and interface with producers (internal and external)
· Preparation of cost reports and fulfill information requests from external auditors and other interested parties
· Own and complete production accounting responsibilities and reporting requirements to the corporate accounting team timely and accurately (reconciliations, budget to actuals, etc.)
· Oversee and reconcile production expense cards and petty cash
· Ensure compliance with the Company’s financial policies/procedures
· Active participate within the accounting team
· Liaise with union contacts and provide support as applicable
· Manage and lead various ad hoc projects of varying time commitments
· 5+ years of experience
· Working knowledge of production accounting – budgets, accounting practices, contracts and production
· Experience working closely with corporate finance to establish long terms operational process, visibility and communication
· Prior experience working within a fast paced environment with multiple projects underway simultaneously
· Prior production payroll experience, including union payroll
Please visit us at http://www.DEFYMedia.com
At DEFY, we strive to build a vibrant culture, creative atmosphere, and all the perks and events you’d expect from a team that delivers some of the most entertaining and popular content on the web, day in and day out. Are you a rule breaker, an innovator, as passionate about creating and delivering great content as we are? Come DEFY with us.
Defy Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS Defy-HR@defymedia.com