Strong Key Accountant needed for half hour series located in Atlanta starting mid August. Requirements: Scripted episodic experience including budgeting, ASA as well as other guilds, tax credit tracking, hot costs, Global Vista and budgeting (Movie Magic). Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Key Accountant required for NYC TV Production company. Needs experience running a show and ability to handle AP, PC, Payroll and PO’s. Will have assistants here to help.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
We have Two (2) Freelance Post Production Accountant positions available at Viacom Media Networks to work on in-house productions. The work will include some prep accounting before the lead accountants start, as well as post and wrap accounting after the lead accountants are finished.
We would like someone to start immediately to have some overlap with our current Post Production Accountant. The VMN offices are located in Hollywood.
• Process prep, post, and wrap for both union and non-union payroll, including ATL contractual payments
• Prepare writer payment schedules as needed
• Review budgets for accuracy
• Accounts payable processing
• Prepare cost reports during post production, and final cost reports
• Journal entries recording costs paid by VMN corporate in SAP system in production accounting software (PSL)
• Wrap shows: reach out to vendors with open PO’s, review vendor statements,
discuss with in-house Production Executives, Show Producers and crew as needed
• Trial Balance clean-up as necessary: Follow up on Vendor Deposits, Reconcile Petty Cash and P-Card entries, pay out accrued vacation & holiday pay, etc.
• Quarterly cash flow forecasts, including estimating checks that will need to be cut on each show in the upcoming month
• Misc. ad-hoc projects as needed
• Maintain and organize accounting files
• Receive, move, prepare accounting boxes for shipment to storage
• Lead Accountant experience preferred
• PSL experience/working knowledge required
• SAP experience helpful
• Working knowledge of Excel helpful
• Experience processing union payroll preferred
• Experience with tax incentives helpful
• 1099 review and preparation preferred
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task a must
• Excellent communication skills with a team-player attitude a must
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS VMNProductionFinance@gmail.com
JOB TITLE: Production Accountant
Location: El Segundo, CA
Reports to: Director of Operations
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Onsite Production Accountant for Mattel Creations. Must be highly organized. Industry competitive rates. This position supervises the daily production accounting for all Mattel Creations development and productions in all locations for all content formats.
• Works with Project Managers, Producers and the Director of Operations to manage the day to day production accounting for all projects.
• Communicate in a positive and articulate manner.
• Aggregate and maintain the production cost reports for all content creation in all production locations.
• Provides hot cost reports for live action productions as needed.
• Works with the Operations Supervisor to manage the resources for all temporary and permanent employees, shared and dedicated.
• Onboards all temporary employees with the respective temp agency, provides coding and scope of work for each engagement
• Works with the team to set-up all vendors including vendor screenings, project documents, purchase orders, invoice coding and approvals.
• Works with the team to set-up all talent deals including writers, composers, designers, and other artists and freelancers.
• Specific tasks include the preparation of budgets and scenarios, costing productions, and managing cash flow.
• Works with the team to aggregate and maintain rates for all production categories to ensure that applicable rates are consistent across all productions.
3-5 years of Production Accounting experience is required.
• Proficiency with the animation production process is preferred.
• Proficiency with the live action production process is preferred.
• 1st Assistant Accountant, Production Accountant or project accounting background is required.
• This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to move into corporate role while leveraging their production accounting experience.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with managers, outside vendors, and other levels of personnel.
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be able to work long hours when necessary.
• Demonstrates the ability to be proactive and anticipating potential problems before they occur and follows through on every task assigned.
• Demonstrates the ability to be proactive about keeping everyone in the loop and up-to-date on the status of all tasks.
• Confidentiality and discretion are imperative in this role as the Production Accountant will have access to private individual and corporate financial information
• Proficient in industry standard production accounting software package such as Vista, PSL or other equivalent industry standard
• Powerpoint is a plus
• Lucidchart is a plus
• Smartsheet is a plus
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• High School diploma required.
• BS/BA degree preferred.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
** BOOKKEEPER WANTED ASAP IN THE LOS ANGELES/HIGHLAND PARK AREA **
We are looking to hire a bookkeeper in the Los Angeles/Highland Park area immediately to assist with bookkeeping for a hour long documentary on the life and legacy of controversial Chicano civil rights activist Oscar Zeta Acosta. The director is award-winning Phillip Rodriguez (Ruben Salazar: Man in the Middle).
We are a small independent filmmaking company, so we are looking for someone who can offer competitive rates. Please email me if you are interested and include your phone number and rate per hour.
Thank you so much to Emily and to this wonderful group for allowing me to post the job here!
The Rise and Fall of the Brown Buffalo
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
We need a production/payroll accountant ASAP for a non-union MOW. There will be one week of prep (starting July 5th), a twelve day shoot (starting July 10th), and two weeks of wrap. This is a small crew and cast with a few vendors. Must have AP, SAG payroll, and cost report experience. Local New Mexico hire preferred. Also this production has several projects planned for the remainder of the year and next.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Accountant or very strong 1st Assistant Accountant needed for (2) 30-min Reality TV shows. Prod offices located in Burbank. Salary is based on experience level, of course, but this could be an excellent opportunity for someone who is ready to make the step up to Lead. Please send resumes and references to email@example.com.
Experienced Production Accountant wanted at TV Animation company in Hollywood
Fun TV Animation studio is looking to add to their Production Accounting team in mid-July. The ideal candidate is happy to be part of a team and is willing and able to handle all tasks, including cost reporting, accounts payable, petty cash, payroll as well as filing. They are comfortable juggling multiple projects and working with complex Excel spreadsheets.
Must have a minimum of 5 years of production accounting experience, including extensive experience with PSL. Experience with Showbiz Timecards, IA 839 and Animation experience is a plus.
Send resumes to EntAcct1@gmail.com.
Seeking an experienced Lead Production Accountant for a Special. We are interviewing Immediately.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Weekly Funding Requests
• Weekly Cost Reporting
• Accounts Payables
• Bank Reconciliations
• Submitting supporting documentation for Internal Control Reviews
• Manage accounting team when applicable
• 5 years or more as being a lead accountant.
• Team player who possess organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities.
• Ability to provide solutions is a must.
• Proficient in Global Vista, Movie Magic Budgeting and Microsoft Office Suite applications.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
Production Accountant needed for Feature Film
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
*Cost reporting & EFC analysis
*Credit Card, Bank and Petty Cash Expense reconciliation
*Maintain filing and keep records of all financial documents
*Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
*Actively seeks feedback and follow-through
*Exhibits a high level of initiative and drive
* Must be willing to travel to Northern California week of 6/12/17.
* Must have working knowledge of Media Web & Showbiz Time Cards
* Must have a strong accounting background
* Minimum 3 years’ experience in the Entertainment Industry
* Accounting Software Proficiency Required: Media Web,Showbiz Time cards, Quick Books, Excel and Word.
Production Company has 2-3 more films to follow and would like to create a working relationship with someone who can continue on to the next project.