Immediate Opportunity– Production Accountant (Max Pay $55 per hour or $2200/weekly.)
My name is Robert Young and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking Production Accountant for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in Universal City, CA
• 5+ years experience in production accounting or 5+ years experience in Estimating of scripted TV/film production including Union & Guild payroll.
• Strong knowledge of Math
• Capable of providing budget supports to multiple business groups
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, mathematics or finance field required
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Expert knowledge of Movie Magic budgeting and MS Excel.
• Create, revise and maintain preliminary production budgets for scripted projects
• Estimate production incentives (credits, sell/transfers, rebates, grants, etc) when applicable.
• Create and revise charts and comparisons of current and past budgets and cost activities.
• Create and maintain generic budgets reflecting recent production activity, including staffing, industry practice and applicable guild and union rates/terms.
• Estimate and confirm status with Labor Relations of union and guild agreements and how each applies to possible productions in each production location. Maintain and update generic budgets on a weekly/monthly basis.
• Engage and confirm information with Production, Post Production, Business Affairs & Finance executives regarding recent activity, practice and preferences applicable to generic budgets.
• Engage and confirm with payroll services (Entertainment Partners, US and Canada; Central Casting) industry practice on contested positions and agreement terms.
• Estimate series payroll taxes & IATSE fringe costs; these costs must be calculated outside of budgeting application currently and represent a significant unknown potential savings if not comprehensively detailed.
If you are interested in hearing more about the position please respond to this email with a copy of your resume in word form with the best contact info or contact me at
813.356.0034 Please forward this email to any friends or colleagues
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Robert@thefountaingroup.com
Post Production Accountant (LA)
Freelance Post Production Accountant position available at Viacom Media Networks to work primarily on Comedy Central shows. The work will include some prep accounting before the show accountants start, as well as post and wrap accounting after the show accountants are finished.
We would like someone to start by May 4th to have a few weeks overlap with our current Post Production Accountant who will be retiring. The VMN offices are currently located in Santa Monica but will be moving to Hollywood in 2016.
•Process prep, post, and wrap union and non-union payroll including ATL contractual payments •Accounts payable processing •Journal entries recording costs paid by VMN corporate in production accounting software •Work in MediaWeb, MediaWin, and PSL •Wrap shows: reach out to vendors with open PO’s, review vendor statements, discuss with producers and crew as needed •Clean up trial balances: Track and follow up on refundable vendor deposits, pay out accrued vacation & holiday pay, follow up on outstanding petty cash, etc.
•Prepare cost reports during post production, and final cost reports •State rebate preparation as needed
•1099 review and preparation
•Quarterly cash flow forecasts estimating checks that will need to be cut on each show in the upcoming month •Maintain accounting files •Misc occasional ad-hoc projects
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: VMNproductionfinance@gmail.com
Strong Lead Accountant – Reality/Digital Production – Studio City
This role is responsible for the daily production accounting needs, for multiple smaller budget projects, of a small production company in studio city, including pre-production and wrap accounting as needed. Projects include reality TV series, pilots, development and digital webisodes. Would oversee additional accounting staff as needed. Duties and requirements include:
– Handling non-union reality Payroll (start paper work, Timecards, batch processing), Accounts Payable, Petty Cash and Credit Cards.
– Cost Reporting – As needed weekly and monthly, including cost variance analysis.
-Work closely with production management teams to adequately support all efforts.
-Five or more years as an experienced lead accountant, with hands on television production accounting experience preferably in reality programming.
-Ability to multi-task across different projects, including larger series, and smaller dev / digital projects.
– Very detail oriented – able to accurately track PC, reconcile CC activity, review ledger / payroll for accuracy.
– Ability to work with Budgets, load into system, do cost variance analysis, and track breakage.
– Experience with production accounting software, such as Vista, Media Win, PSL, Visual Max or equivalent.
– Excellent MS excel skills, including importing/exporting data, and creating templates/forms.
Please send resumes to: Prodfinance1@gmail.com
NYC television production company seeks a Key Production Accountant to handle all aspects of finance including managing the GL, A/P, A/R, cash management, cost reports, cash flows, payroll, financial reports, bank reconciliation and tax reporting on multiple shows. Strong knowledge of Vista, Movie Magic and Excel required. Experience with corporate general ledgers is a plus. Must possess a thorough working knowledge of television production, strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills, and must be able to prioritize jobs effectively within a fast-paced environment.
The applicant should have a minimum of five years’ experience as a key production accountant. A degree in accountancy or vocational qualifications in accounting would be a plus. A more detailed job description can be supplied upon request.
Key Production Accountant- Responsibilities
• Review Budgets and prepare cost reports and Cash flows.
• Set-up new shows with payroll company
• Process payroll
• Track and prepare above the line payments
• Monitor and report on all show margins and company P+L. Provide analysis.
• Analyze, manage, and report on cash flows from accounts receivable and accounts payable.
• Manage the preparation of financial forecasts and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
• Work with the NY COO to maintain appropriate financial and operational controls.
• HR duties- code and track all employee benefits, ensure that the company policy and procedures are provided and explained to all employees
• Possess knowledge of visas and immigration
• Maintain records of invoices and creditors’ payments.
• Keep records of all transactions
• Responsible for accounts payable, invoices, purchase orders, and petty cash.
• Process checks & wire transfers
• Maintain filing
• Audit petty cash envelopes.
• Prepare insurance claims.
• Responsible for bank and credit card reconciliations
• Prepare month-end and year end reports for corporate finance headquarters
• Administer tax compliance filing including 1099’s
• Maintain accounting procedures and controls
• Working knowledge of production accounting software, and/or other general accounting software.
• Highly organized, and must be able to work positively and constructively within a fast pace environment
• Ability to manage multiple productions
• Must be able to maintain effective working relationships, have good communication and situation management skills
• Strong IT skills for data entry and ability to adapt to new software packages
• Strong knowledge of Vista and Movie Magic
• Some experience with corporate general ledgers (ex. Navision, SAGE, SAP)
• Proficient in Excel
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Production Accountant need ASAP for Sony pilot shooting in ABQ New Mexico.
Prep starts April 1, 2015.
14-16 week term.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB LISTING: STAFF LEAD PRODUCTION ACCOUNTANT/FINANCE MANAGER
New York reality and documentary TV Production Company seeks staff Lead
Production Accountant/Finance Manager.
New York based
• 5 years+ experience with 3rd Party production company Accounting and
Corporate Finance Management
• Degree in Accounting or qualification preferred
• Experienced in production accounting reporting (Vista or Media Web Cost
Report, Trial Balance, General Ledger, 1099, etc.)
• Experience with Bank reconciliation and reporting
• Start March 23rd or 30th
• Management of the Corporate GL and Cash Flow
• Preparation of monthly and annual fiscal forecasts of all budgets against
the corporate Cash Flow
• Corporate and Production A/P and A/R
• Monitoring and reporting of show margins to the CFO
• Process and track payroll
• PO System
• Bank and credit card reconciliation
• Cost Reports
• Closing Period – Process upon approval of cost/variance report
• Tax reporting
• Labor laws, federal and state rules and regulations
• Ability to manage multiple productions
• Work with the CFO and EIC to maintain proper operational controls
• References List
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: email@example.com
Non Union basic cable TV project.
office in North Hollywood, CA. Shoots in Los Angeles.
submit resumes to: TallyBarr@gmail.com
Production Accountant – $2500/week
Start: April 6
Wrap: June 26
Assistant Production Accountant $1500/week
Start: April 20
Wrap: June 5
Key Accountants needed for Two Television Series – START ASAP
Large Independent production company looking for Key Accountants for two established series. Please only respond if you have episodic series experience. Budgeting experience is a must. Knowledge of Ease Accounting is preferred. Locations: Louisiana & Georgia.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org