2nd Assistant Accountant needed – Los Angeles
1 hour drama series at a major studio seeks a 2nd Asst Accountant to start in May. Job duties include processing studio billing and other A/P, input, journal entries, opening accounts and research projects. Must be detail-oriented, responsible, punctual and have a good attitude. Vista experience preferred. Salary DOE.
Please email resume with references and salary requirements to Sdacctg@yahoo.com with 2nd Asst Acct in subject line.
1ST ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT (Brooklyn, NY)
Looking for an experienced 1st assistant accountant for an established Amazon series. Must be familiar with PSL3. Starts immediately and goes through October.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
SEEKING EXPERIENCED ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT to join our reality production accounting team in Hollywood. The ideal candidate is a versatile and a highly-detailed self-starter with a positive attitude, experienced in fast-paced environments, and able to hit the ground running. Must be extremely organized, process-oriented, and able to communicate effectively.
RESPONSIBILITIES will primarily be handling payroll for multiple projects. Other related tasks as assigned may include reconciliation of P.O.’s/AP and monthly credit card statements.
• Prior experience in tv/film accounting helpful.
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a TV production company based in Culver City, California. Founded in 2016, we develop and produces a wide range of television, film, documentary, and interactive mobile content.
We are looking for an Assistant Production Accountant to join our team. This role requires the ability to handle multiple projects and have excellent written, communication, and time management skills. This is a freelance position based in Culver City, CA.
Review and process electronic timecards, collaborating with our payroll company to address any issues
Process accounts payable on multiple projects
Communicate professionally with staff and vendors about payments
Reconcile, code, and enter all credits card and petty cash transactions
Ability to work in fast paced environment under tight deadlines
Help to prepare 1099s
Complete all other accounting and reporting projects as necessary
Knowledge of accounting best practices
Minimum one year experience in relevant entertainment environment
Experience processing production payroll and using production accounting software
Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel
Must be very organized and able to juggle several projects at a time.
Can work positively and collaboratively with internal staff
Grace under pressure, great people skills, high integrity
Great organizational skills
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Skydance Television (located in Los Angeles) is seeking a Production Finance Coordinator to assist the VP of Production Finance and Executive Director of Production Finance with various finance and accounting functions, including cost reporting, cash flow preparation and ad hoc analyses.
• Act as Prep/Wrap/Writer’s Room Accountant for multiple productions (process payroll, accounts payable, journal entries, cost reporting, bank reconciliations, etc)
• Facilitate software request for show Accountants
• Assist VP with the preparation of historical episodic analyses
• Perform trend analyses on ATL and BTL spend across various productions
• Assist with new bank account set-up/changes/closures
• Maintain Policies & Procedures Manual
• Prepare ATL pay schedules
• Coordinate weekly funding requests for all shows
• Assist with tracking of domestic and international tax incentives
• Assist with internal and external show audits
• Ad hoc analyses, as required
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting
• Minimum 3 years production accounting, film/TV finance experience
• Keen attention to detail, desire for accuracy and sense of urgency
• Ability to multitask while maintaining organization
• Peripheral knowledge of industry union and guild rates and regulations
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Ability to problem solve complex and timely production issues
• Basic familiarity with all levels of talent contracts
• Working knowledge of state and federal labor laws
• Working knowledge of Industry Production Accounting software PSL, Vista, Ease, etc.
• Advanced Excel skills
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, and interactive platforms. Its feature films include LIFE, Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, Star Trek Beyond, Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, Terminator Genisys, World War Z, Star Trek Into Darkness, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Jack Reacher, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, and True Grit and Baywatch (May 2017). In 2017 Skydance formed an animation division to develop and produce a slate of high-end animated feature films and television series in partnership with Spain’s Ilion Animation Studios. Skydance Television launched in 2013. Its current slate includes Emmy-nominated Grace and Frankie on Netflix, Altered Carbon on Netflix, Jack Ryan on Amazon, Condor on AT&T Audience Network, Ten Days in the Valley on ABC, and Dietland on AMC. Skydance Interactive launched in 2016 to create and publish original and IP-based virtual reality experiences and video games. In 2017, Skydance Interactive will debut Archangel – its first original title – in July.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Television production company located in Santa Monica seeks a production finance coordinator.
Primary duties to support the department in all aspects of production accounting including:
• A/P data entry
• PO input
• Journal entries
• P-card reconciliation and entry
• Petty Cash entry & posting
• Maintain filing and keep records of all financial documents
• Additional help on departmental tasks as needed
• Able to multi-task and take instruction as well as be a self starter
• Familiarity with basic bookkeeping skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Excel, Word and Outlook
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Freelance Non-Union Post Prod Accountant (in-house) needed for Network (NY)
Primary duties to cover all aspects of production accounting including:
- Responsible for various projects to close / finalize
• Prod Payroll for union and non-union
• Accounts Payable
• P-Card Reconciliation
• Purchase Orders
• Cost Reporting
• Bank Reconciliation
• Assist with budget review for accuracy
• Journal Entries
• Reconcile Vista to Corp accounting
• Assist with tax incentives/credits audits
• Assist with special projects and reports
• Manage accounting files
• SAP experience helpful
Must be highly organized and possesses strong analytical skills. Working knowledge of Global Vista, Movie Magic Budgeting and Microsoft Office applications.
Email for Submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
ONGOING FREELANCE OFFICE PRODUCTION ACCOUNTANT/BOOKKEEPER FOR MUSIC COMPANY – (NEW YORK)
PAID-ONGOING- Freelance Accounting/Bookkeeping. Starting w/ 2 days week at one company and expanding to additional days as desired. Must have knowledge of QB and other proprietary accounting programs preferred. The Position will include being responsible for assisting in the day to day accounting/bookkeeping operations. The ideal candidate is a team player, with excellent communication skills and a strong work ethic. While freelance, each position is on a per diem basis. long… term. 1st assignment starts ASAP 2 days a week with no end date. The right candidate is NYC local, non-union and
–Should be a self-starter with extreme attention to detail, excellent follow-through, and a willingness to learn.
–Should be well-organized and be able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
–Should have skills in Excel and knowledgeable in other basic computer programs.
Please send resume and availability to RNEProdAcct@gmail.com
Medium sized NYC Production Company in need of a short-term Asst Accountant to help with some catch up and backlog.
Must be able to start around 4/17 for 3-4 weeks
A/P data entry
P-card reconciliation and entry
Petty Cash entry & posting
Additional help on departmental tasks as needed
Excellent communication skills
Prior experience reconciling P-cards & Petty Cash
AP Data Entry experience
SmartAccounting/Ease experience (for AP data entry)
Cashet (P-card system) experience a must
Some Excel knowledge required
Able to multi-task and take instruction as well as be a self starter
Ability to manage your time and prioritize tasks
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Accounting Staff for Series (Atlanta, GA)
Looking for the following positions to start within the next 2-4wks running thru the end of October/early November. All
positions require episodic experience. Non-Affiliate benefits
for (LA-NY hires).
Payroll Accountant: Experience with all union contracts. Showbiz time cards strongly preferred.
*Prefer Atlanta local but will consider distant hire
2nd Assistant Accountant: Must have experience with Cashet P-cards, Petty Cash and A/P.
*Atlanta locals only
A/P and Payroll Clerk positions are also needed. Previous episodic experience.
*Atlanta locals only
Accounting software will be either Global Vista or Ease/Smart Accounting.
Submit resumes with references and salary requirements to: TVSeries500@yahoo.com
Subject line should contain position you are submitting for and your name.