Feature Production Finance (based in West LA)
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a key or 1st assistant. Prior studio production finance/accounting experience is a plus. This position will help oversee all financial aspects of feature production, including cash-flow, EFC reporting, tax incentive tracking and co-financing arrangements.
• Manage production cash-flows and funding; ensure flow of funds comply with legal/tax structure
• Review cost reports and weekly closing reports for accuracy
• Prepare monthly cash-flow, EFC reports and co-financing cost statements
• Provide guidance to production accountants on studio policies & procedures
• Travel to production locations, assess competency of accounting staffs and perform audits
• Identify and problem-solve process breakdowns, take initiative in streamlining and improving workflows
• Collaborate with other departments (e.g., Production, Tax, Business Affairs/Legal) with the common goal of protecting company assets and maximizing the financial outcome of our films
• Perform ad-hoc projects/analyses for studio senior management
• 5 – 8 years production finance/accounting experience
• Proficiencies in PSL or Vista
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Team player
• BS in Accounting or Finance preferred
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
Television production company located on the Los Angeles westside seeks an Assistant Accountant to help tracking and processing development, pre-production, and post production payments. This is a full-time position, with MPIPHP benefits.
Looking to start someone ASAP!
• Verify and submit payroll.
• Process accounts payable, including invoices, purchase orders, petty cash and wire transfers.
• Handle bank and credit card reconciliations.
• Administer tax compliance filing including 1099’s.
• Keep track of outstanding deposits to be returned.
• Prepare cost reports.
• Perform additional production related accounting functions as required
• Basic knowledge of Excel with willingness to increase proficiency.
• Must have previous experience in production accounting for feature films or television.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be able to prioritize jobs effectively within a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
2ND ASSISTANT READY FOR OPPORTUNITY TO WORK AS A FIRST ASSISTANT – ATLANTA GA
Have you been working as a 2nd Assistant Accountant and haven’t had an opportunity to be a 1st Assistant Accountant? This is the opportunity for you.
Position starts 3/20/2017 and runs through 10/06/2017. Downtown offices minutes from I-75.
Please send resume and references to
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
Mid-sized studio seeking Accounting Assistant to aid in tracking and processing development and pre-production payments for the Motion Picture Group.
Responsibilities included but are not limited to:
-Reviewing payment documents and setting up vendors with corporate accounting group
-Creating, maintaining, and tracking project ID numbers
-Reviewing, coding, and processing time cards, invoices, expenses, and payment authorizations for development and pre-production
-Organizing and maintaining electronic records of development and pre-production payments
-Assisting in maintaining database of development and pre-production payments and obligations
-Performing additional production related accounting functions as required
-Basic knowledge of Excel with willingness to increase proficiency
-Ability to read and comprehend legal contracts
-Strong analytical, time-management, and organizational skills
-Self-motivated and detail-oriented individual with a positive attitude and a desire to learn
-Interest in finance and accounting; production experience a big plus
Please send Resumes with References to: email@example.com
2nd Assistant/Clerk needed for reality series (Hollywood)
We’re looking for a 2nd Assistant/Clerk who’s available now to start on a reality show. Should be comfortable handling departmental clerk work and entering A/P. Position will last till May with the possibility of an extension through the summer.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
2ND ASSISTANT or CLERK needed to assist new media accounting team in CULVER CITY
Looking for a 2nd Assistant or solid Clerk to help out with two short-term digital productions in the downtown Culver City area. Responsibilities will include data entry, filing A/P, P/R, and other confidential documents. Must be an organized team player who is well-versed in production accounting paperwork and suited to a production office environment. Experience with Media Services is a plus. Send resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Looking for an experienced 1st for a series. Job to start asap and will go until at least the end of summer. Episodic experience preferred. Offices located at Broadway Stages in Glendale, NY.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
ESTIMATOR NEEDED FOR SERIES (GA)
Looking for a strong 1st Assistant Accountant or someone who recently became a Key to be the Estimator on an Episodic
project in Atlanta. The candidate needs experience with Hot Cost Reporting, episodic coding and managing
a very busy accounting department. Cross-boarding experience is a plus. This position will report to the Key Accountant.
The job starts immediately and continues through the end of May. . Non-affiliate benefits (LA or NY hires)
Please send resumes to Blee@lionsgate.com
Mid Range Chicago Studio Feature looking for local 2nd Asst Accountant and Accounting AP Clerk. Looking for a couple of sharp, problem solving, number loving and figure friendly folks to join our accounting office in Chicago. You MUST BE Local. Qualified applicants will like working in accounting and with numbers and be good with database computer programs, priority given to applicants with Cast & Crew experience. Priority given to prior film experience. Interested candidates will send resume with salary history
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS ChicagoAcctscrew@gmail.com
LOOKING FOR A 2ND ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT FOR A TV SERIES TO SHOOT IN OHIO. EXPERIENCE IN EPISODIC TV AN ADVANTAGE. MUST BE A MEMBER OF 871
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com