Location: Los Angeles, CA (Palms.)
Part time or full time. (Open to either.)
Looking for someone eager who wants to learn and move up in production accounting. This role will assist me as well as two additional production accountants with: Filing, American Express reconciliation, Stuffing AP/PR checks plus Create and manage vendor files. Open to teaching PO & A/P entry with PSL.
Accounting experience a must! (even if it’s minimal!)
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
Clerk, B – Accounting
Job Number: FFE0005305
Organization: 20th Century Fox
Job Type: Administrative
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Process invoices, journal entries, and checks for deposit
File and organize accounting records for storage and request record destructions based on corporate record retention guidelines
Process AMEX requests
Add vendors to the Common Vendor System
Daily mail runs on the Studio Lot
Perform bank reconciliations
Process Upload and Downloads; obtain back-up for download charges
Cross-train to process Development payroll
Maintain order in copy rooms
Other projects as requested
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
Proficiency in MS Office Tools: Word, Excel
Prior Vista/PSL experience preferred
Sense of urgency and ability to multi-task
Ability to lift 25lbs
Twentieth Century Fox Television
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
One day re-shoot in LA needs an experienced payroll accountant to start Monday 6/26 and work for two weeks. Office is near West LA. Must be Local 871.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
Clerk Needed (Chatsworth, CA)
Immediate Start Date to mid-October. Work week is Monday to Friday (9am to 6pm)
Filing, PSL experience preferred, P-Card reconciliation, general accounting support.
$800/week, plus $25/weekly kit rental
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Excel Expert needed for short-term project to create lost documents from data provided.
Ideal candidate must have a full command of Excel, formatting, font matching and adding logos to a document. A working knowledge of scanning documents and importing them into Excel through OCR (optical character recognition) and printing to match original documents is also needed.
The project will take one to two weeks and can be done in your spare time. This is a Los Angeles based company, but this project may be performed from anywhere. Time frame and salary are negotiable. Please contact via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have Two (2) Freelance Post Production Accountant positions available at Viacom Media Networks to work on in-house productions. The work will include some prep accounting before the lead accountants start, as well as post and wrap accounting after the lead accountants are finished.
We would like someone to start immediately to have some overlap with our current Post Production Accountant. The VMN offices are located in Hollywood.
• Process prep, post, and wrap for both union and non-union payroll, including ATL contractual payments
• Prepare writer payment schedules as needed
• Review budgets for accuracy
• Accounts payable processing
• Prepare cost reports during post production, and final cost reports
• Journal entries recording costs paid by VMN corporate in SAP system in production accounting software (PSL)
• Wrap shows: reach out to vendors with open PO’s, review vendor statements,
discuss with in-house Production Executives, Show Producers and crew as needed
• Trial Balance clean-up as necessary: Follow up on Vendor Deposits, Reconcile Petty Cash and P-Card entries, pay out accrued vacation & holiday pay, etc.
• Quarterly cash flow forecasts, including estimating checks that will need to be cut on each show in the upcoming month
• Misc. ad-hoc projects as needed
• Maintain and organize accounting files
• Receive, move, prepare accounting boxes for shipment to storage
• Lead Accountant experience preferred
• PSL experience/working knowledge required
• SAP experience helpful
• Working knowledge of Excel helpful
• Experience processing union payroll preferred
• Experience with tax incentives helpful
• 1099 review and preparation preferred
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task a must
• Excellent communication skills with a team-player attitude a must
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS VMNProductionFinance@gmail.com
Los Angeles television production company seeks a payroll accountant. Must possess a thorough working knowledge of television production, strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills, and must be able to prioritize jobs effectively within a fast-paced environment. Must have experience with union payroll. The position is long term and would require processing payroll for multiple productions simultaneously. This position is non-union. The applicant should have a minimum of two years’ experience as an assistant and/or payroll accountant.
• Strong knowledge of Entertainment Partners and Media Services
• Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
• Proficient in Excel
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
JOB TITLE: Production Accountant
Location: El Segundo, CA
Reports to: Director of Operations
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Onsite Production Accountant for Mattel Creations. Must be highly organized. Industry competitive rates. This position supervises the daily production accounting for all Mattel Creations development and productions in all locations for all content formats.
• Works with Project Managers, Producers and the Director of Operations to manage the day to day production accounting for all projects.
• Communicate in a positive and articulate manner.
• Aggregate and maintain the production cost reports for all content creation in all production locations.
• Provides hot cost reports for live action productions as needed.
• Works with the Operations Supervisor to manage the resources for all temporary and permanent employees, shared and dedicated.
• Onboards all temporary employees with the respective temp agency, provides coding and scope of work for each engagement
• Works with the team to set-up all vendors including vendor screenings, project documents, purchase orders, invoice coding and approvals.
• Works with the team to set-up all talent deals including writers, composers, designers, and other artists and freelancers.
• Specific tasks include the preparation of budgets and scenarios, costing productions, and managing cash flow.
• Works with the team to aggregate and maintain rates for all production categories to ensure that applicable rates are consistent across all productions.
3-5 years of Production Accounting experience is required.
• Proficiency with the animation production process is preferred.
• Proficiency with the live action production process is preferred.
• 1st Assistant Accountant, Production Accountant or project accounting background is required.
• This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to move into corporate role while leveraging their production accounting experience.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with managers, outside vendors, and other levels of personnel.
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be able to work long hours when necessary.
• Demonstrates the ability to be proactive and anticipating potential problems before they occur and follows through on every task assigned.
• Demonstrates the ability to be proactive about keeping everyone in the loop and up-to-date on the status of all tasks.
• Confidentiality and discretion are imperative in this role as the Production Accountant will have access to private individual and corporate financial information
• Proficient in industry standard production accounting software package such as Vista, PSL or other equivalent industry standard
• Powerpoint is a plus
• Lucidchart is a plus
• Smartsheet is a plus
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• High School diploma required.
• BS/BA degree preferred.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
** BOOKKEEPER WANTED ASAP IN THE LOS ANGELES/HIGHLAND PARK AREA **
We are looking to hire a bookkeeper in the Los Angeles/Highland Park area immediately to assist with bookkeeping for a hour long documentary on the life and legacy of controversial Chicano civil rights activist Oscar Zeta Acosta. The director is award-winning Phillip Rodriguez (Ruben Salazar: Man in the Middle).
We are a small independent filmmaking company, so we are looking for someone who can offer competitive rates. Please email me if you are interested and include your phone number and rate per hour.
Thank you so much to Emily and to this wonderful group for allowing me to post the job here!
The Rise and Fall of the Brown Buffalo
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Seeking a 1st Asst Accountant for a 10 episode gameshow tape series. Duties to include Payroll, AP/PO entry and P-Card auditing. Starts 3 weeks and wraps mid-Sept. Non-affil. Offices in LA.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org