JOB TITLE: Production Accountant
Location: El Segundo, CA
Reports to: Director of Operations
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Onsite Production Accountant for Mattel Creations. Must be highly organized. Industry competitive rates. This position supervises the daily production accounting for all Mattel Creations development and productions in all locations for all content formats.
• Works with Project Managers, Producers and the Director of Operations to manage the day to day production accounting for all projects.
• Communicate in a positive and articulate manner.
• Aggregate and maintain the production cost reports for all content creation in all production locations.
• Provides hot cost reports for live action productions as needed.
• Works with the Operations Supervisor to manage the resources for all temporary and permanent employees, shared and dedicated.
• Onboards all temporary employees with the respective temp agency, provides coding and scope of work for each engagement
• Works with the team to set-up all vendors including vendor screenings, project documents, purchase orders, invoice coding and approvals.
• Works with the team to set-up all talent deals including writers, composers, designers, and other artists and freelancers.
• Specific tasks include the preparation of budgets and scenarios, costing productions, and managing cash flow.
• Works with the team to aggregate and maintain rates for all production categories to ensure that applicable rates are consistent across all productions.
3-5 years of Production Accounting experience is required.
• Proficiency with the animation production process is preferred.
• Proficiency with the live action production process is preferred.
• 1st Assistant Accountant, Production Accountant or project accounting background is required.
• This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to move into corporate role while leveraging their production accounting experience.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with managers, outside vendors, and other levels of personnel.
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be able to work long hours when necessary.
• Demonstrates the ability to be proactive and anticipating potential problems before they occur and follows through on every task assigned.
• Demonstrates the ability to be proactive about keeping everyone in the loop and up-to-date on the status of all tasks.
• Confidentiality and discretion are imperative in this role as the Production Accountant will have access to private individual and corporate financial information
• Proficient in industry standard production accounting software package such as Vista, PSL or other equivalent industry standard
• Powerpoint is a plus
• Lucidchart is a plus
• Smartsheet is a plus
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• High School diploma required.
• BS/BA degree preferred.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org