Location: North Hollywood, CA
Endemol Shine North America seeks a Production Accounting Assistant who is looking for a long-term career with upward mobility. The Production Accounting Assistant will closely work with the Accountants and report to the Accounting Manager.
The Production Accounting Assistant will be responsible for assisting in the day to day accounting operations of the company. The ideal candidate is a team player, with excellent communication skills and a strong work ethic. Candidates should demonstrate a desire for a long-term career path in the accounting/finance field.
Review and Enter Purchase Orders, Invoices, etc.
Print and distribute Payroll and AP Checks
Review and Reconcile Petty Cash and Credit Card statements.
Generally assist with various department needs as they arise
Skills & Qualifications
Must be a self-starter with extreme attention to detail, excellent follow-through, and a willingness to learn
Must be well-organized and be able to multi-task and meet deadlines
Must have strong Excel skills and knowledgeable in other basic computer programs
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
Must be 18 years or older.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently looking to fill the position of a studio accountant for a major television studio in Burbank.
• PSL/Vista knowledge required
• Episodic experience required
• Entering journal entries
• Cost Reporting
• Research A/P, deposits
• Proficiency in Excel
• Understanding of payroll
• Understanding SAP preferred
• Multi-tasking is essential
Experience as a 1st Assistant is preferred.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com. Thank you.
Job Title: Corporate Accountant/Coordinator
City: Los Angeles
Job Description: – Have 3+ years of relevant work experience.
• Prepare journal entries and related supporting documentation as part of the monthly financial close process
– Possess deep knowledge of finance and accounting procedures.
• Knowledge of financial programs (Intaact, bill.com, V5)
– Have strong computer and financial modeling skills
• Work closely with Production Accounting dept
– Use Microsoft Excel/Google Spreadsheet with intermediate to expert proficiency.
– Learn new programs as needed.
– Be able to work independently as well as with a group.
– Display accuracy and pay close attention to detail.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Corporate Controller, Los Angeles
Job Description: • Oversee Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
• Preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows
• Monthly, quarterly and annual financial closes, including timely financial reporting
• Local, state and federal regulatory reporting and tax filings
• Annual budget and quarterly re forecasts
• Timely production of statutory and internal financial reports
• Development of internal control policies and procedures
• Annual audit and tax work
• Research of technical accounting issues for compliance
• Cash management and treasury duties
• Someone who both thinks big and pays attention to detail.
• An independent self-starter who’s also great at working with teams. –
• Strong knowledge of Financial tools and applications
• Comfortable with a relaxed work environment.
• 10 years in Corporate Accounting
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• Minimum 2 years public accounting experience, CPA preferred
• Thorough knowledge of US GAAP
• Entertainment industry experience
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
In house production accountant needed in the San Fernando Valley. Will coordinate with live action accountants in the field and handle all production accounting for house animated projects. Using E.P. software
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
Entertainment Media Specialists, a leader in the entertainment payroll industry, is currently seeking a seasoned Staff Accountant for an excellent opportunity in our Encino (Los Angeles) office. The ideal candidate will possess a degree in Accounting with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar finance and accounting role.
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant
– Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files
– Reconcile bank accounts and other balance sheet accounts
– Provide accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll services for the company
– Prepare payments/accruals and reconcile accounts
– Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and analyzing data
– Work with spreadsheets to provide information to management (Controller, CFO, CEO)
– Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
– Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
– College degree in accounting
– 2+ years in a recent finance and accounting role
– Works well both independently and in a group
– Exceptional communication and reporting skills
– Must be able to work with strict deadlines
– Excellent time management and organizational skills
– Detail oriented
– Proficient computer skills, including QuickBooks, Excel, Word, Outlook
– Expert knowledge of full cycle A/P and A/R, general ledger, journal entries
– Experience in working with preparation of financial statements
– Experience with treasury management and online banking
– Experience in payroll processing and related taxes
– Ability to pass a background check and obtain a suitability determination
– Pension/union reporting
– 1099 and W-2 preparation
Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience
To be considered, candidate must submit resume and cover letter with salary history
No phone calls please
Entertainment Media Specialists offers a benefits package including health insurance and paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS EMSjobapplications@gmail.com
Staff Accountant, Production Finance – Burbank, CA
In House Production Accountant to assist Finance Executives with prep/wrap of shows and daily related tasks.
• Prep/Wrap Shows
• Process casting and prep/wrap payroll as needed
• Prepare Bank Reconciliations for shows in development
• Analysis and Special Projects as requested
• Assist others in Finance/Production departments as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Related Field
• Minimum of 3 years single camera TV Accounting experience
• Strong knowledge of Vista
• Self-motivated Team Player with No Drama
• Must be extremely organized
• Thorough knowledge of Excel
• Must have very strong computer skills and be able to troubleshoot and assist others with system issues
• Comfortable working under high pressure and tight deadlines
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
NYC television production company seeks a payroll accountant. Strong knowledge of EP, VPO, and Excel required. Must possess a thorough working knowledge of television production, strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills, and must be able to prioritize jobs effectively within a fast-paced environment. The position is more long term than single project based and would require processing payroll for multiple productions. May also be asked to assist with non-payroll duties as described below. This position is non-union.
The applicant should have a minimum of three years’ experience as an assistant and/or payroll accountant. A degree in accountancy or vocational qualifications in accounting would be a plus. Prior experience with Ease/Smart Accounting preferred.
•.Review and process all cast/crew start paperwork and submit to EP
• Gross timecards and verify with line producers and EIC
• Handle distribution and reconciliation of petty cash
• Review and maintain crew purchase cards
• HR duties- track all employee benefits, ensure that the company policies and procedures are provided and explained to all new employees
• Maintain all production filing.
• Assist with credit card reconciliations
• Assist with preparation of 1099’s
• Working knowledge of production accounting software, and/or other general accounting software.
• Highly organized, and must be able to work positively and constructively within a fast pace environment
• Must be able to maintain effective working relationship and have good communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Entertainment Partners
• Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
• Proficient in Excel
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
Production Accountant(s) needed for busy reality production company located in Burbank. Staff position(s) with benefits. Need experience with Global Vista.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Director – Production Finance in Burbank, CA
• Responsible for the Corporate Controllership function and financial show management of scripted film production including original, licensed, co-produced, network and acquired network series, pilots and special projects.
• Manage budget submissions for productions in partnership with Production Executives, Producers, UPM’s and Accountants.
• Manage all aspects of production accounting, including supervision of 30-35 freelance production accountants.
• Monitor the production process to ensure financial accuracy and swift resolution of any issues.
• Review and analyze all weekly production finance deliverables including but not limited to: bible runs, trial balances, cost reports, hot costs, balance sheets, check registers and insure they are in compliance with policies and procedures.
• Manage all aspects of the production tax incentive process
• Provide accounting teams with guidance on accounting database systems
• Perform ad hoc financial analysis as needed
• Coordinate the pre-buy of foreign currency
• Manages both the recruitment and hiring of new talent
Basic Qualifications :
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in television or feature film production accounting
• Strong knowledge of production tax incentives and related process
• Corporate and production accounting expertise
• In depth knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements
• Pragmatic, highly organized and attention to detail
• Strong budgeting skills in MMB
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Team player
• Problem solver
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org