Funny Or Die is an Emmy award-winning leader in comedy entertainment, combining Hollywood artistry with Silicon Valley innovation to deliver cutting-edge content. We are a media company, a production company and a tech company all rolled into one, and we’re looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join our team in West Hollywood.
He or she will manage all aspects of Corporate Accounting, including:
• Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
• Monthly, quarterly and annual financial closes, including timely financial reporting
• Local, state and federal regulatory reporting and tax filings
• Annual budget and quarterly reforecasts
• Development of internal control policies and procedures
• Annual audit and tax work
• Research of technical accounting issues for compliance
The ideal candidate is:
• Someone who both thinks big and pays attention to detail.
• An independent self-starter who’s also great at working with teams.
• A doer who likes getting their hands dirty.
• Able to take a joke and to give one.
• Comfortable with both formal and informal work environments.
The ideal candidate has:
• 8-10 years of progressive experience in Corporate Accounting
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• Minimum 2 years public accounting experience, CPA preferred
• Thorough knowledge of US GAAP
• Entertainment industry experience
Location: West Hollywood, CA
**All candidates must include a copy of their current resume in order to be considered for the role.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
Funny Or Die is an Emmy award-winning leader in comedy entertainment, combining Hollywood artistry with Silicon Valley innovation to deliver cutting-edge content. We are a media company, a production company and a tech company all rolled into one, and we’re looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our team in West Hollywood.
Reports To: Corporate Controller
• Prepare journal entries including period end accruals, amortizations and revenue recognition calculations
• Reconcile all division balance sheet accounts and work to resolve any discrepancies
• Prepare and tie-out monthly financial statement reports and supporting schedules
• Provide budget-to-actual and prior year-to-actual analysis with commentary
• Assist in the quarterly preparation of budgets and forecasts
• Create and update a weekly cash forecast
• Liaise with staff and business partners to obtain any needed information
• Calculate and report third-party participation statements
• Other duties / special projects as assigned
• 3-5 years of progressive experience in Corporate Accounting
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Public accounting experience preferred, CPA preferred
• Prior Entertainment industry experience required
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, including analyzing and interpreting contracts
• Ability to work independently while also being an active team member
• Ability to liaise effectively and professionally with other functional areas within the organization and with external clients
• Ability to manage multiple, deadline-driven assignments
• Ability to work efficiently and proactively, with excellent attention to detail
• Intermediate MS Word and Excel skills
Location: West Hollywood, CA
**All applicants must include a copy of their current resume in order to be considered for the role.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Warner Bros. Digital Networks (Burbank, CA) seeks a Production Accountant for Stage 13.
*** Position is a 12-month temp assignment ***
The Production Accountant will oversee all accounting responsibilities for production slate consisting of 10-12 short form digital series that includes both scripted and unscripted (about 25 hours) as well in house development and production.
Please visit our careers page for more details: http://www.warnerbroscareers.com/search-jobs/?157418BR
Interested candidates must apply directly to the posting on the careers page.
Freelance Production Finance Analyst (Burbank)
Animation network is seeking a Freelance Production Finance Analyst to start asap through January 2018 with possible extension. Responsibilities include various finance functions such as cost reporting, process weekly non-union and union payroll, preparing monthly cash flows, support monthly / quarterly close including prepping accruals, journal entries, general ledger analysis and research as needed. Individual must exhibit strong attention to detail, handle multiple projects simultaneously, highly organized, prioritize and manage time / projects accordingly and meet deadlines. Experience with SAP a plus. Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills preferred. Familiar with Local 839 IATSE Agreement related to animation guild contracts.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a TV production company based in Culver City, California. Founded in 2016, we develop and produces a wide range of television, film, documentary, and interactive mobile content.
We are looking for an Assistant Production Accountant to join our team. This role requires the ability to handle multiple projects and have excellent written, communication, and time management skills. This is a freelance position based in Culver City, CA.
Review and process electronic timecards, collaborating with our payroll company to address any issues
Process accounts payable on multiple projects
Communicate professionally with staff and vendors about payments
Reconcile, code, and enter all credits card and petty cash transactions
Ability to work in fast paced environment under tight deadlines
Help to prepare 1099s
Complete all other accounting and reporting projects as necessary
Knowledge of accounting best practices
Minimum one year experience in relevant entertainment environment
Experience processing production payroll and using production accounting software
Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel
Must be very organized and able to juggle several projects at a time.
Can work positively and collaboratively with internal staff
Grace under pressure, great people skills, high integrity
Great organizational skills
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Skydance Television (located in Los Angeles) is seeking a Production Finance Coordinator to assist the VP of Production Finance and Executive Director of Production Finance with various finance and accounting functions, including cost reporting, cash flow preparation and ad hoc analyses.
• Act as Prep/Wrap/Writer’s Room Accountant for multiple productions (process payroll, accounts payable, journal entries, cost reporting, bank reconciliations, etc)
• Facilitate software request for show Accountants
• Assist VP with the preparation of historical episodic analyses
• Perform trend analyses on ATL and BTL spend across various productions
• Assist with new bank account set-up/changes/closures
• Maintain Policies & Procedures Manual
• Prepare ATL pay schedules
• Coordinate weekly funding requests for all shows
• Assist with tracking of domestic and international tax incentives
• Assist with internal and external show audits
• Ad hoc analyses, as required
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting
• Minimum 3 years production accounting, film/TV finance experience
• Keen attention to detail, desire for accuracy and sense of urgency
• Ability to multitask while maintaining organization
• Peripheral knowledge of industry union and guild rates and regulations
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Ability to problem solve complex and timely production issues
• Basic familiarity with all levels of talent contracts
• Working knowledge of state and federal labor laws
• Working knowledge of Industry Production Accounting software PSL, Vista, Ease, etc.
• Advanced Excel skills
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, and interactive platforms. Its feature films include LIFE, Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, Star Trek Beyond, Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, Terminator Genisys, World War Z, Star Trek Into Darkness, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Jack Reacher, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, and True Grit and Baywatch (May 2017). In 2017 Skydance formed an animation division to develop and produce a slate of high-end animated feature films and television series in partnership with Spain’s Ilion Animation Studios. Skydance Television launched in 2013. Its current slate includes Emmy-nominated Grace and Frankie on Netflix, Altered Carbon on Netflix, Jack Ryan on Amazon, Condor on AT&T Audience Network, Ten Days in the Valley on ABC, and Dietland on AMC. Skydance Interactive launched in 2016 to create and publish original and IP-based virtual reality experiences and video games. In 2017, Skydance Interactive will debut Archangel – its first original title – in July.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Television production company located in Santa Monica seeks a production finance coordinator.
Primary duties to support the department in all aspects of production accounting including:
• A/P data entry
• PO input
• Journal entries
• P-card reconciliation and entry
• Petty Cash entry & posting
• Maintain filing and keep records of all financial documents
• Additional help on departmental tasks as needed
• Able to multi-task and take instruction as well as be a self starter
• Familiarity with basic bookkeeping skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Excel, Word and Outlook
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Freelance Non-Union Post Prod Accountant (in-house) needed for Network (NY)
Primary duties to cover all aspects of production accounting including:
- Responsible for various projects to close / finalize
• Prod Payroll for union and non-union
• Accounts Payable
• P-Card Reconciliation
• Purchase Orders
• Cost Reporting
• Bank Reconciliation
• Assist with budget review for accuracy
• Journal Entries
• Reconcile Vista to Corp accounting
• Assist with tax incentives/credits audits
• Assist with special projects and reports
• Manage accounting files
• SAP experience helpful
Must be highly organized and possesses strong analytical skills. Working knowledge of Global Vista, Movie Magic Budgeting and Microsoft Office applications.
Email for Submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rapidly growing entertainment company based in downtown Los Angeles is looking for an experienced Staff Accountant to assist VP of Finance with the general accounting operations. Responsibilities will include supporting all facets of the corporate accounting function, including reconciling account balances and bank statements, general ledger maintenance, A/P, A/R and assist in the monthly close process. The ideal candidate should possess thorough knowledge of accounting principles, the ability to analyze financial data, multitasking skills, knowledge in preparing consolidated financials and be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Day to Day entry of all A/P, A/R, journal entries including verifying accuracy in coding
Preparation of Bank Reconciliations
Weekly integration of production expenses into Quickbooks
Assist in the monthly fast close process and consolidating financials
Assist in the monthly reconciliation of all corporate and production credit card accounts
Maintain all corporate accounting files
Maintain Fixed Asset and related Depreciation Schedules
Process yearly 1099’s
Perform other accounting tasks as may be required from time to time
Skills and Abilities:
Bachelors Degree in Accounting is preferred
Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel
Skilled in Microsoft Word with good writing and verbal skills
Excellent communication skills
Minimum of 2 years corporate accounting experience
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Emmy Award winning Production Company is seeking an extraordinary Production Accountant to support Producers in maintaining project budgets.
• Creation of weekly Cost Reports for Producers and Department Heads
• Work closely with production executives and producers during the production budgeting phase, prior to green light
• Process and file purchase orders
• Coordinate and manage the use of established templates.
• Review cash flow schedules prior to studio approval.
• Work closely with Producers to ensure production legal requirements and commitments are being met.
• Closely monitor financial data and escalate areas of concern to supervisor to ensure swift financial decision-making.
• Assist in improving the production finance policies and procedures manual.
• Reconcile funding to cash actuals and resolve variances before sign-off.
• Keep track of outstanding deposits to be returned and status of tax incentives.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned by Producers and Executives
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Film Studies.
• Must have previous experience in production accounting for feature films or television.
• Experience with show accounting for television series a plus.
• In depth knowledge and understanding of payroll processing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
• Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
• Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment
• Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Strong analytical, quantitative and financial skills.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org