In house production accountant needed in the San Fernando Valley. Will coordinate with live action accountants in the field and handle all production accounting for house animated projects. Using E.P. software
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Entertainment Media Specialists, a leader in the entertainment payroll industry, is currently seeking a seasoned Staff Accountant for an excellent opportunity in our Encino (Los Angeles) office. The ideal candidate will possess a degree in Accounting with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar finance and accounting role.
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant
– Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files
– Reconcile bank accounts and other balance sheet accounts
– Provide accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll services for the company
– Prepare payments/accruals and reconcile accounts
– Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and analyzing data
– Work with spreadsheets to provide information to management (Controller, CFO, CEO)
– Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
– Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
– College degree in accounting
– 2+ years in a recent finance and accounting role
– Works well both independently and in a group
– Exceptional communication and reporting skills
– Must be able to work with strict deadlines
– Excellent time management and organizational skills
– Detail oriented
– Proficient computer skills, including QuickBooks, Excel, Word, Outlook
– Expert knowledge of full cycle A/P and A/R, general ledger, journal entries
– Experience in working with preparation of financial statements
– Experience with treasury management and online banking
– Experience in payroll processing and related taxes
– Ability to pass a background check and obtain a suitability determination
– Pension/union reporting
– 1099 and W-2 preparation
Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience
To be considered, candidate must submit resume and cover letter with salary history
No phone calls please
Entertainment Media Specialists offers a benefits package including health insurance and paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS EMSjobapplications@gmail.com
Staff Accountant, Production Finance – Burbank, CA
In House Production Accountant to assist Finance Executives with prep/wrap of shows and daily related tasks.
• Prep/Wrap Shows
• Process casting and prep/wrap payroll as needed
• Prepare Bank Reconciliations for shows in development
• Analysis and Special Projects as requested
• Assist others in Finance/Production departments as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Related Field
• Minimum of 3 years single camera TV Accounting experience
• Strong knowledge of Vista
• Self-motivated Team Player with No Drama
• Must be extremely organized
• Thorough knowledge of Excel
• Must have very strong computer skills and be able to troubleshoot and assist others with system issues
• Comfortable working under high pressure and tight deadlines
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
NYC television production company seeks a payroll accountant. Strong knowledge of EP, VPO, and Excel required. Must possess a thorough working knowledge of television production, strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills, and must be able to prioritize jobs effectively within a fast-paced environment. The position is more long term than single project based and would require processing payroll for multiple productions. May also be asked to assist with non-payroll duties as described below. This position is non-union.
The applicant should have a minimum of three years’ experience as an assistant and/or payroll accountant. A degree in accountancy or vocational qualifications in accounting would be a plus. Prior experience with Ease/Smart Accounting preferred.
•.Review and process all cast/crew start paperwork and submit to EP
• Gross timecards and verify with line producers and EIC
• Handle distribution and reconciliation of petty cash
• Review and maintain crew purchase cards
• HR duties- track all employee benefits, ensure that the company policies and procedures are provided and explained to all new employees
• Maintain all production filing.
• Assist with credit card reconciliations
• Assist with preparation of 1099’s
• Working knowledge of production accounting software, and/or other general accounting software.
• Highly organized, and must be able to work positively and constructively within a fast pace environment
• Must be able to maintain effective working relationship and have good communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Entertainment Partners
• Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
• Proficient in Excel
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Production Accountant(s) needed for busy reality production company located in Burbank. Staff position(s) with benefits. Need experience with Global Vista.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
Director – Production Finance in Burbank, CA
• Responsible for the Corporate Controllership function and financial show management of scripted film production including original, licensed, co-produced, network and acquired network series, pilots and special projects.
• Manage budget submissions for productions in partnership with Production Executives, Producers, UPM’s and Accountants.
• Manage all aspects of production accounting, including supervision of 30-35 freelance production accountants.
• Monitor the production process to ensure financial accuracy and swift resolution of any issues.
• Review and analyze all weekly production finance deliverables including but not limited to: bible runs, trial balances, cost reports, hot costs, balance sheets, check registers and insure they are in compliance with policies and procedures.
• Manage all aspects of the production tax incentive process
• Provide accounting teams with guidance on accounting database systems
• Perform ad hoc financial analysis as needed
• Coordinate the pre-buy of foreign currency
• Manages both the recruitment and hiring of new talent
Basic Qualifications :
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in television or feature film production accounting
• Strong knowledge of production tax incentives and related process
• Corporate and production accounting expertise
• In depth knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements
• Pragmatic, highly organized and attention to detail
• Strong budgeting skills in MMB
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Team player
• Problem solver
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Position: Senior Accountant
Location: Santa Monica
We are seeking an experienced accounting and finance professional to service our growing client base, providing ongoing accounting support and forward-looking financial
analysis to multiple clients in the production, post production and advertising industries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• 1. Oversee general ledger and job cost activities and reporting, with an emphasis on quarterly financial closes
• 2. Assist in preparation of financial presentations to clients
• 3. Daily interaction with clients to support ongoing operational needs
• 4. Prepare supporting documents, logs, financial statements, and analyses
• 5. Ensure accuracy of account reconciliations and resolve unreconciled items
• 6. Assist with audits and regulatory reports
• 7. Special projects, as required
Skills and requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Entertainment industry experience highly preferred
• Minimum three years experience required
• Strong understanding of US GAAP and accounting processes
• Strong Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint
• Timberline and Quickbooks software knowledge a plus
• CPA a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Tech Savvy
• Detail oriented
• Team player
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
Production Accountant needed for mid-size company (3 months, with possible extension)
Medium sized NYC Production Company in need of a versitile Production Accountant for a few months to join our team. Extension possible, dependent on work load at that time. Must be local to NYC or willing to work as a local.
AP – entering & posting invoices, weekly check run
Working with Controller on funding for multiple shows in wrap or pre-pro.
(*shows that are currently shooting have accountants on location)
Manage P-Card program – ordering, reconciliation and general management of cards & users
Managing Purchase Orders
Petty Cash entry & posting
Working with Line Producers and Head of Production on Cost Reports
Additional help on departmental tasks as needed
Excellent communication skills
Experience as Lead Accountant overseeing AP process & check cutting
Prior experience reconciling P-cards & Petty Cash
Excel knowledge required
Able to multi-task and take instruction as well as be a self starter
Ability to manage your time and prioritize tasks
Must have SmartAccounting (Ease) experience
Cashet (P-card system) experience preferred but not required
Have experience updating ETC/EFC with LP’s and EIC.
Some understanding of NY Tax Credits helpful
Please email your resume, credit list and references to email@example.com. Please include a short paragraph on availability and rate.
Thank you and good luck!
Experienced Key Production Accountant needed for growing NYC television production company. Potential to expand into a much larger role. Experience with Media Services a plus. Looking for someone to start ASAP!
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
FULL TIME (STAFF) JR. PRODUCTION ACCOUNTANT NEEDED (CULVER CITY)
* Looking for this position to specialize in payroll and assist our staff in house Production Accountants.
*We use Entertainment Partners and are mostly non-union, although union experience is a plus, but not required.
*Ease/Smart Accounting experience – you will help enter vendors/PO’s.
*Experienced in Quickbooks.
*Need someone who is organized, pays attention to detail and works well with our team.
*We use all macs
**All applicants must include a copy of their current resume in order to be considered for the role.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com