Short term TV auditing project for West Hollywood company.
Work closely with Head of Production Accounting auditing the books for season 1 of a television project.
Position begins asap. Daily rate negotiable and depends on experience.
MBA graduates preferred but not required.
Finance or accounting degree or experience necessary.
Attention to detail is extremely important.
This could lead to a longer term project.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Financial Analyst
Disney TV Animation
Assist the Manager, Finance & Planning with all aspects of operational finance and planning as well as financial forecasting for Disney Television Animation. This position is based in Glendale, California.
• Assist with preparation of the business unit financial statements (Income Statement, Cash Flow, Balance Sheet) for the 5-year plan. Develop P&L assumptions, calculate APR rates by property, and work closely with Disney distribution markets.
• Assist with the preparation of the annual operating plan, including developing annual business unit budgets related to headcount, labor, expense and capital.
• Prepare quarterly and full year financial statement flashes and forecasts with variance analysis against prior forecasts, prior year and annual operating plan. Investigate key drivers of change in current projections and prepare supporting schedules. Submit management letter reporting to the Segment.
• Prepare 10 year ultimates for TV Animation. Solicit information from the markets, review submissions and calculate APR rates for quarter closes.
• Manage overhead Cost Center and Production overhead reports. This includes, but not limited to, inquiry and investigation of GL account balances, posting journal entries, communicating with internal departments and sending out monthly reports.
• Track and report on TV Animation’s internal production overhead pool including assisting with the establishment of the annual budget and ensuring the appropriate allocation of the pool to individual projects in production.
• Responsible for Capital Asset Tracking. This includes, preparing capital expenditure requests and ensuring that assets are retired properly in the Fixed Asset system, tracking actual spending versus budget and inventory of assets.
• Perform Ad-hoc reporting as necessary and assist with efforts to perform issues-driven reviews of business unit operations to drive cost reductions and performance improvements.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, or a related field with 3 years of finance experience.
• Comprehensive understanding of general ledger transactions and general accounting principles required.
• Ability to provide regular ongoing analysis of spending versus budget, and have strong problem solving skills.
• Advanced financial modeling skills with a thorough knowledge of Excel (including macros and pivot tables) and prior work experience in forecasting and budgeting required.
• Highly detail-oriented.
• Self-motivated team player who takes ownership of and responsibility for work progress.
• Strong work ethic.
• Ability to express written ideas, thoughts or facts in an organized and convincing way, and interact effectively with all levels of management.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: email@example.com
ADMINISTRATIVE ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT CULVER CITY, CA
Full Time Position
$18/hour (40 hours per week).
Salary Increase Available after 6 months of Employment.
Health Benefits after 3 months of Employment.
401K Benefits after 6 months of Employment.
Organization and Maintenance of Financial Records for the Company.
Quickboks Data Entry: Invoices, Payments, Bills, etc.
Cashflow Reports for Management Review.
Cost Analysis Reports for Projects as needed by Management.
Document Organization & Management for the Company (creating, maintaining files).
Expense Reporting for the Company for Management.
Bank Account Maintenance and Reconciliation (Reviewing and Managing Bank Account Balances, etc.) Working under the guidance of the V.P. of Operations to maintain clear and accurate records for CPA Periodic Reviews and End of Year Tax Reporting.
Administrative Duties: Booking Meetings, Maintaining the Production Calendar, Managing Executive Meetings and Schedules.
Candidate must be self-motivated and driven.
Candidate must have impeccable organizational skills.
Candidate must be able and prepared to multi-task.
Candidate must be able to pay attention to detail.
Candidate must be prepared to work in a fast paced, high volume entertainment production environment.
Candidate must be prepared to learn and integrate at a fast pace into the company’s existing pipeline and procedures.
Strong Excel Skills Required.
Cost Reporting & Cashflow Reporting Experience Requested.
Quickbooks Experience Requested.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Production Accountant (LA)
Freelance Post Production Accountant position available at Viacom Media Networks to work primarily on Comedy Central shows. The work will include some prep accounting before the show accountants start, as well as post and wrap accounting after the show accountants are finished.
We would like someone to start by May 4th to have a few weeks overlap with our current Post Production Accountant who will be retiring. The VMN offices are currently located in Santa Monica but will be moving to Hollywood in 2016.
•Process prep, post, and wrap union and non-union payroll including ATL contractual payments •Accounts payable processing •Journal entries recording costs paid by VMN corporate in production accounting software •Work in MediaWeb, MediaWin, and PSL •Wrap shows: reach out to vendors with open PO’s, review vendor statements, discuss with producers and crew as needed •Clean up trial balances: Track and follow up on refundable vendor deposits, pay out accrued vacation & holiday pay, follow up on outstanding petty cash, etc.
•Prepare cost reports during post production, and final cost reports •State rebate preparation as needed
•1099 review and preparation
•Quarterly cash flow forecasts estimating checks that will need to be cut on each show in the upcoming month •Maintain accounting files •Misc occasional ad-hoc projects
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: VMNproductionfinance@gmail.com
JOB LISTING: STAFF LEAD PRODUCTION ACCOUNTANT/FINANCE MANAGER
New York reality and documentary TV Production Company seeks staff Lead
Production Accountant/Finance Manager.
New York based
• 5 years+ experience with 3rd Party production company Accounting and
Corporate Finance Management
• Degree in Accounting or qualification preferred
• Experienced in production accounting reporting (Vista or Media Web Cost
Report, Trial Balance, General Ledger, 1099, etc.)
• Experience with Bank reconciliation and reporting
• Start March 23rd or 30th
• Management of the Corporate GL and Cash Flow
• Preparation of monthly and annual fiscal forecasts of all budgets against
the corporate Cash Flow
• Corporate and Production A/P and A/R
• Monitoring and reporting of show margins to the CFO
• Process and track payroll
• PO System
• Bank and credit card reconciliation
• Cost Reports
• Closing Period – Process upon approval of cost/variance report
• Tax reporting
• Labor laws, federal and state rules and regulations
• Ability to manage multiple productions
• Work with the CFO and EIC to maintain proper operational controls
• References List
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: email@example.com
Busy production company looking for part time bookkeeper starting immediately.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: firstname.lastname@example.org
WWE has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Post Production Accountant as part of the WWE Studios team based in Los Angeles, CA. WWE Studios creates a diversified mix of filmed entertainment including theatrical releases, television movies, series, animation, reality, and other projects currently in development. This position will report directly to the WWE Studios Production Finance Controller.
• Provide daily support to Production Finance Controller • Process invoices, check requests, petty cash, p-cards, and payroll for multiply projects in post production • Process overhead and distribution payables • Reconcile PO commitments to actual expenses as part of monthly cost reporting • Investigate and resolve open issues from production • Assist in Tax Credit audits, Guild, and Union audits • Maintain and clear production trial balance including advances, deposits, and receivables • Maintain production funding • Maintain chart of production G/L accounts • Journal Entries • Year-end 1099 processing • Support Scenechronize use by production • Execute office and financial report filing • Special projects • Other duties as required; must be willing to support various office tasks associated with office management
• Able to multitask effectively
• Able to communicate professionally and effectively (e.g., with freelance production staff, vendors, and Corporate Finance) • Organized and detail oriented • Proficient with EASE accounting and payroll, and knowledge of other commonly used industry accounting software — Global Vista, PSL • Computer and Internet savvy, including proficiency in Excel • Working knowledge of production and post production helpful • Basic understanding of union/guild rules helpful • Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills with strong sense of tact • Able to work 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM Monday through Friday, plus overtime as needed • Bachelor degree preferred
PLEASE APPLY ON OUR WWE CAREERS SITE AT: https://careers-wwecorp.icims.com/jobs/3635/assistant-post-production-accountant/job
Corporate entry-level Accounting Clerk needed for a long-term temporary position (with a possibility of becoming permanent) at a major television studio. Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in either Finance or Accounting. Please email resumes to email@example.com