Freelance Prep/Post Production Accountant (Hollywood)
We have a long-term Freelance Post Production Accountant position available at Viacom Media Networks to work on multiple in-house productions. The work includes prep accounting before the lead accountants start, as well as post and wrap accounting after the lead accountants are finished.
• Position is non-union.
• Process prep, post, and wrap for both union and non-union payroll, including ATL contractual payments
• Prepare writer payment schedules as needed
• Review budgets for accuracy
• Accounts payable processing
• Prepare cost reports during post production, and final cost reports
• Journal entries in PSL to record costs paid by the network in the corporate system (SAP).
• Wrap shows: reach out to vendors with open PO’s, review vendor statements, discuss with in-house Production Executives, Show Producers and crew as needed
• Trial Balance clean-up as necessary: Follow up on Vendor Deposits, Reconcile Petty Cash and P-Card entries, pay out accrued vacation & holiday pay, etc.
• Quarterly cash flow forecasts, including estimating checks that will need to be cut on each show in the upcoming month
• Misc. ad-hoc projects as needed
• Maintain and organize accounting files
• Receive, move, prepare accounting boxes for shipment to storage
• Lead Accountant experience preferred
• PSL experience/working knowledge required
• SAP experience helpful
• Working knowledge of Excel helpful
• Experience processing union payroll preferred
• Experience with tax incentives helpful
• 1099 review and preparation preferred
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task a must
• Excellent communication skills with a team-player attitude a must
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com