New York Based Lead Accountant Needed. Looking for an accountant to work on an unscripted series. Need to be able to manage all aspects of cost reporting, payroll, trial balance, etc… this position requires a lot of interfacing with head of company finance in remote headquarters. Please only apply if you have the requisite experience to manage that relationship and keep several high-level company partners satisfied. This is a great job for someone who has been around long enough to know what they don’t know and who can be pro-active with both accounting work and the relationships. Very reasonable workload, pay commensurate with experience.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Looking for a Lead Accountant for a low budget feature film shooting in Birmingham, AL.
Prep begins Nov 30th. Shoot Jan 9th for 5 weeks.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS IntoTheAshesResumes@gmail.com
Need (experienced) key accountant for upcoming series. Genre is Alternative (reality) but my preference is a strong and experienced accountant. You do not necessarily need Alternative experience. Job will be located in Burbank/Studio City area. Having experience with major studio accounting a plus. You must know how to manage a budget in MMB. Job may begin in Dec or Jan for approximately 4-5 months. You will have at least 2 assistants (possibly more!)
Please send resume along with your salary requirements.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
***Production Accountant needed to support Non-Fiction ProdCo Production Management Team (NYC)***
– Assist line producer and production management team in weekly cost tracking for 10-15 ongoing productions at Studio based Non-Fiction Production company
– Partner with Sr Director, Production & Business to analyze financial metrics to inform various business decisions and process improvement
– Oversee onboarding, allocations, invoices, time cards, production incentives
– Assist in creating executive scorecard to overall progress and performance of all projects
– Manage PCard process and reconciliation, ensuring all approvals and receipts are obtained and transactions correctly coded to overhead or to shows.
– Performs special projects and other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
– 5-10 years of experience working in small to medium production company or studio
– Must have excellent Microsoft Excel knowledge to organize and analyze large data sets using pivot tables and advanced MS Excel formulas – MS VBA knowledge a plus
– Experience with domestic production tax credits and incentives
– Working knowledge/familiarity of TV Production business including field production, post production and other business aspects
– NYC based location
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Digital news start up in Studio City requires a Production Accountant.
Start date on/about November 27 for 12 months. Non union. Full time. 1500/week, health benefits after 90 days.
Proficiency in MMB, QuickBooks and Paychex required.
The usual accounting duties:
-Knowledge of A/P and A/R cycles, general ledgers, journal entries, cash flow, hot costs
-High level of Excel knowledge
-Reconcile bank accounts and month-end journal entries
-Track corporate funding requests
– 1099 and W-2 preparation
-Finance/Accounting degree preferred
-5+ years of relevant production accounting experience
–Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines
-Sense of humor
Also looking for a Production Coordinator with news experience. MFN with Accountant.
In subject line: “PA/POC-resume J. Doe” (as an example). Any emails/resumes that are not labeled that way (including resume with last name) will be deleted.
Cover letter, resume, and references to: email@example.com.
Production Finance Controller/Accountant.
Very busy Union TV Production Co.
The candidate should be 871 or willing to join.
$3,000/week with benefits. Job includes supervising one AP and one Payroll accountant, typical production accountant responsibilities, and controller work includes A/R billing network, wire transfers and cash management.
Universal City, CA area. Start Immediately.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Payroll Compliance Auditor
The Senior Payroll Compliance Auditor position provides detailed analysis of findings and coordinate all analytical, technical and research tasks. Works closely with clients, managers, and partners. Senior Payroll Compliance Auditors ascertain compliance with union and guild agreements with respect to the contractual contributions made by employers.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Understanding of television and film production and distribution.
• 3 years or more of relevant production accounting experience.
• Experience in television and film production payroll.
• Understanding of payroll taxes including pension, health and welfare contributions.
• Working knowledge of guild agreements including residuals.
• Accounting degree preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Access.
• Detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and adapt to fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Some travel required.
At Miller Kaplan Arase LLP we are committed to our employees reaching their highest potential while building a fulfilling career. We provide quality training, a lifetime learning experience and a positive work environment. The firm offers competitive salary with full benefits including health, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, LTD, FSA, paid vacation and sick leave.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
link for more info: http://www.millerkaplan.com/careers/opportunities/
Stage 13 is a fearless original digital content brand, showcasing a new generation of talent and fresh creative voices, creating dynamic, unapologetic scripted and unscripted short-form series. Stage 13 is part of the Warner Bros. Digital Networks.
Are you a business professional with an avid interest in television? Are you a freelance accountant on hit TV shows ready to make an in-house move? The Stage 13 finance team is currently offering a great opportunity. We are looking for a Production Accountant to cover our development, production, and general corporate needs.
What part will you play?
Audit cost reports and other documents from production companies against approved production budgets, process payments according to production services agreements, and assist with production budgeting and planning.
Interpret development contracts, process payments according to contractual obligations, and assist with development budgeting, tracking and reporting.
Oversee accounting for development, production, and other projects, including: start paperwork, petty cash requests, time cards, and other forms, ensuring all requirements including employment laws are met.
Run and review reports (e.g., PSL reports, production bibles, and GL detail), and prepare items including journal entries and accruals.
Handle check and wire requests, invoice processing and coding, purchase orders, and vendor creation/maintenance, including allocation to correct show or corporate account.
Manage PCard process and reconciliation, ensuring all approvals and receipts are obtained and transactions correctly coded to overhead or to shows.
Ensure corporate finance and accounting requirements are met and adhere to required reporting processes.
What do we require from you?
College degree in related field and/or comparable work experience
2 years of experience in television/film production accounting
Ability to interpret contracts/deal memos in order to assess validity of costs
Knowledge of SAG/AFTRA/IATSE/DGA time tables & rates and Cast & Crew payroll
Familiarity with systems including SAP, PSL,Vista, Movie Magic Budgeting & Entertainment Partners Budgeting
Looking for an experienced Accountant for an established series shooting in New York. Should be available to start budgeting no later than December. Must be 871/161 or willing to join. Experience with Showbiz Timecards, Movie Magic Budgeting and Smart Accounting preferred.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
NON-UNION PRODUCTION ACCOUNTANT NEEDED (LOS ANGELES)
We are looking for a seasoned Production Accountant to join our accounting team. You will be responsible for performing a variety of accounting duties and required to meet deadlines. Experience with Global Vista and Cashet preferred.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com