Entertainment Company (production/management) in Culver City is seeking an experienced Payroll Administrator to manage the full-cycle payroll functions. Working with the Human Resources and Accounting team, the incumbent will process bi-weekly payroll and manage all changes, reporting, reconciliations and audits.
· Prepare and coordinate bi-weekly multi-state payroll for 8 entities/600 employees.
· Reconcile payroll data to the general ledger and act as liaison with accounting department
· Payroll journal entries (i.e. wages allocation by cost department, 401k, workers compensation, benefits)
· Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws as well as tax filings and proper deductions
· Process benefit deposits for FSA and 401k
· Process wage garnishments, employment verifications and collaborate with state agencies such as EDD for reporting accurate and timely information and responding to claims
· Ensure vacation and sick time is tracked accurately through payroll
· Handle audits, reconciliations and reporting as needed
· Assist with ongoing set up, testing and maintenance of the payroll and HRIS system
· Interact with employees at all levels, especially in handling employee inquiries regarding payroll and paid time off
· Additional duties, as assigned
· BA/BS in Accounting, Human Resources or a related field preferred
· 3+ years’ experience processing multi-state payroll for multiple entities
· Keen attention to detail, process execution and follow-through with excellent organization skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to confidently and accurately interact with all employees
· Restaurant payroll experience preferred
· Experience with Paylocity payroll software preferred
· Experience with Microsoft Access preferred
Please email resumes to: email@example.com and put “Payroll – Resume” in the subject line.