Seeking an Accounting Clerk for high profile network reality show. Starting Mid/Late April (East SF Valley).
Duties to include heavy filing and data entries among other clerical tasks.
Must have a positive attitude, strong organizational skills and have knowledge of Global Vista.
Please email resume to email@example.com
PAYROLL ACCOUNTANT NEEDED FOR HALF-HOUR SERIES – LOS ANGELES
Positive, energetic, and self-motivated payroll accountant needed for full-time work on a single cam union series located in downtown Los Angeles. The position entails the following details:
Job length is 18 weeks.
Starts April 6th.
Local 871 benefits available.
Excellent communication skills a plus.
Global Vista experience required.
Some Excel knowledge required (enough for basic spreadsheet tracking, crew bibles, etc.).
TimeTrax experience a plus but not required.
Knowledge of union pay rules is required (IATSE, SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA, Teamsters, etc.).
Able to multi-task and take instruction, as well as self-motivate to complete each duty.
The duties will include:
Handling BTL and ATL crew & cast payments for roughly 100-150 personnel.
Assist with extras vouchers.
Maintaining crew bible info.
Additional support for crew-related payments.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Financial Analyst
Disney TV Animation
Assist the Manager, Finance & Planning with all aspects of operational finance and planning as well as financial forecasting for Disney Television Animation. This position is based in Glendale, California.
• Assist with preparation of the business unit financial statements (Income Statement, Cash Flow, Balance Sheet) for the 5-year plan. Develop P&L assumptions, calculate APR rates by property, and work closely with Disney distribution markets.
• Assist with the preparation of the annual operating plan, including developing annual business unit budgets related to headcount, labor, expense and capital.
• Prepare quarterly and full year financial statement flashes and forecasts with variance analysis against prior forecasts, prior year and annual operating plan. Investigate key drivers of change in current projections and prepare supporting schedules. Submit management letter reporting to the Segment.
• Prepare 10 year ultimates for TV Animation. Solicit information from the markets, review submissions and calculate APR rates for quarter closes.
• Manage overhead Cost Center and Production overhead reports. This includes, but not limited to, inquiry and investigation of GL account balances, posting journal entries, communicating with internal departments and sending out monthly reports.
• Track and report on TV Animation’s internal production overhead pool including assisting with the establishment of the annual budget and ensuring the appropriate allocation of the pool to individual projects in production.
• Responsible for Capital Asset Tracking. This includes, preparing capital expenditure requests and ensuring that assets are retired properly in the Fixed Asset system, tracking actual spending versus budget and inventory of assets.
• Perform Ad-hoc reporting as necessary and assist with efforts to perform issues-driven reviews of business unit operations to drive cost reductions and performance improvements.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, or a related field with 3 years of finance experience.
• Comprehensive understanding of general ledger transactions and general accounting principles required.
• Ability to provide regular ongoing analysis of spending versus budget, and have strong problem solving skills.
• Advanced financial modeling skills with a thorough knowledge of Excel (including macros and pivot tables) and prior work experience in forecasting and budgeting required.
• Highly detail-oriented.
• Self-motivated team player who takes ownership of and responsibility for work progress.
• Strong work ethic.
• Ability to express written ideas, thoughts or facts in an organized and convincing way, and interact effectively with all levels of management.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: email@example.com
Accountant/LP (type) for Small Budget Union Show in Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for someone who ideally has accounting and basic LP skills for a small show beginning early/mid April.
Candidate should be savvy with Timecards, payroll and basic LP skills such as cost reports etc..
We will be hiring next week, please send emails directly to:
ADMINISTRATIVE ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT CULVER CITY, CA
Full Time Position
$18/hour (40 hours per week).
Salary Increase Available after 6 months of Employment.
Health Benefits after 3 months of Employment.
401K Benefits after 6 months of Employment.
Organization and Maintenance of Financial Records for the Company.
Quickboks Data Entry: Invoices, Payments, Bills, etc.
Cashflow Reports for Management Review.
Cost Analysis Reports for Projects as needed by Management.
Document Organization & Management for the Company (creating, maintaining files).
Expense Reporting for the Company for Management.
Bank Account Maintenance and Reconciliation (Reviewing and Managing Bank Account Balances, etc.) Working under the guidance of the V.P. of Operations to maintain clear and accurate records for CPA Periodic Reviews and End of Year Tax Reporting.
Administrative Duties: Booking Meetings, Maintaining the Production Calendar, Managing Executive Meetings and Schedules.
Candidate must be self-motivated and driven.
Candidate must have impeccable organizational skills.
Candidate must be able and prepared to multi-task.
Candidate must be able to pay attention to detail.
Candidate must be prepared to work in a fast paced, high volume entertainment production environment.
Candidate must be prepared to learn and integrate at a fast pace into the company’s existing pipeline and procedures.
Strong Excel Skills Required.
Cost Reporting & Cashflow Reporting Experience Requested.
Quickbooks Experience Requested.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: firstname.lastname@example.org
Immediate Opportunity– Production Accountant (Max Pay $55 per hour or $2200/weekly.)
My name is Robert Young and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking Production Accountant for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in Universal City, CA
• 5+ years experience in production accounting or 5+ years experience in Estimating of scripted TV/film production including Union & Guild payroll.
• Strong knowledge of Math
• Capable of providing budget supports to multiple business groups
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, mathematics or finance field required
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Expert knowledge of Movie Magic budgeting and MS Excel.
• Create, revise and maintain preliminary production budgets for scripted projects
• Estimate production incentives (credits, sell/transfers, rebates, grants, etc) when applicable.
• Create and revise charts and comparisons of current and past budgets and cost activities.
• Create and maintain generic budgets reflecting recent production activity, including staffing, industry practice and applicable guild and union rates/terms.
• Estimate and confirm status with Labor Relations of union and guild agreements and how each applies to possible productions in each production location. Maintain and update generic budgets on a weekly/monthly basis.
• Engage and confirm information with Production, Post Production, Business Affairs & Finance executives regarding recent activity, practice and preferences applicable to generic budgets.
• Engage and confirm with payroll services (Entertainment Partners, US and Canada; Central Casting) industry practice on contested positions and agreement terms.
• Estimate series payroll taxes & IATSE fringe costs; these costs must be calculated outside of budgeting application currently and represent a significant unknown potential savings if not comprehensively detailed.
If you are interested in hearing more about the position please respond to this email with a copy of your resume in word form with the best contact info or contact me at
813.356.0034 Please forward this email to any friends or colleagues
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Robert@thefountaingroup.com
Post Production Accountant (LA)
Freelance Post Production Accountant position available at Viacom Media Networks to work primarily on Comedy Central shows. The work will include some prep accounting before the show accountants start, as well as post and wrap accounting after the show accountants are finished.
We would like someone to start by May 4th to have a few weeks overlap with our current Post Production Accountant who will be retiring. The VMN offices are currently located in Santa Monica but will be moving to Hollywood in 2016.
•Process prep, post, and wrap union and non-union payroll including ATL contractual payments •Accounts payable processing •Journal entries recording costs paid by VMN corporate in production accounting software •Work in MediaWeb, MediaWin, and PSL •Wrap shows: reach out to vendors with open PO’s, review vendor statements, discuss with producers and crew as needed •Clean up trial balances: Track and follow up on refundable vendor deposits, pay out accrued vacation & holiday pay, follow up on outstanding petty cash, etc.
•Prepare cost reports during post production, and final cost reports •State rebate preparation as needed
•1099 review and preparation
•Quarterly cash flow forecasts estimating checks that will need to be cut on each show in the upcoming month •Maintain accounting files •Misc occasional ad-hoc projects
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: VMNproductionfinance@gmail.com
Strong Lead Accountant – Reality/Digital Production – Studio City
This role is responsible for the daily production accounting needs, for multiple smaller budget projects, of a small production company in studio city, including pre-production and wrap accounting as needed. Projects include reality TV series, pilots, development and digital webisodes. Would oversee additional accounting staff as needed. Duties and requirements include:
– Handling non-union reality Payroll (start paper work, Timecards, batch processing), Accounts Payable, Petty Cash and Credit Cards.
– Cost Reporting – As needed weekly and monthly, including cost variance analysis.
-Work closely with production management teams to adequately support all efforts.
-Five or more years as an experienced lead accountant, with hands on television production accounting experience preferably in reality programming.
-Ability to multi-task across different projects, including larger series, and smaller dev / digital projects.
– Very detail oriented – able to accurately track PC, reconcile CC activity, review ledger / payroll for accuracy.
– Ability to work with Budgets, load into system, do cost variance analysis, and track breakage.
– Experience with production accounting software, such as Vista, Media Win, PSL, Visual Max or equivalent.
– Excellent MS excel skills, including importing/exporting data, and creating templates/forms.
Please send resumes to: Prodfinance1@gmail.com