Very strong Production Accountant or Financial Controller needed for a 2nd Season 1 hour, single camera show. Based out of Los Angeles, but with shooting also in Berlin, Germany. Will travel to Berlin. Start prep late September to early October. Starts shooting late January, wraps in mid-August. Foreign shoot experience preferred.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
FOX is hiring an Experienced Professional to enhance our Film and Television Production Incentives team. We seek a motivated, conscientious and contribution-oriented professional, who exhibits strong written and oral communication skills, a high aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, and excellent tax and legal research skills. You will be a part of a dynamic and creative team working directly with our production business units in the research, planning, administration and recoupment aspects of the incentive process. This role offers room for professional growth and development, both within the tax department and FOX.
The Production Incentives team is a tax-based, internal service provider to FOX’s film and television production units. Our primary objective is to maximize and monetize all domestic and international production incentives. Additionally, we provide tax guidance and compliance support for productions with income taxes, payroll taxes, and indirect taxes matters. In this exciting and unique group, you have an opportunity to truly understand the film and television production business, while continuing to develop as a tax professional.
Research and develop a deep understanding of all domestic and international production incentives;
Provide tax research, administration, compliance support and advice to all business units serving the film and television production business;
Work closely with the corporate tax compliance and provision teams to ensure incentive compliance and maximize internal utilization;
Coordinate with production accountants, estimators, finance and legal teams on all tax and incentive matters facing our productions;
Liaise with international consultants and service providers on complex tax structuring and planning opportunities;
Participate in internal incentive planning and production team meetings;
Attend conferences, trade shows, and other relevant industry events, when applicable;
Work closely with the MPAA and other major studios on enhancing incentive programs and monitoring legislative changes;
Become a trusted advisor to the television and film production teams; and
Cultivate a team environment, build and maintain internal and external relationships, and support a high performing work environment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
CPA or JD/LLM, a plus
5+ years of tax experience at a professional services firm or comparable production/post production experience with estimating film incentives in worldwide jurisdictions.
Big 4, public accounting or law firm experience preferred
Studio, entertainment industry, or other film and television production experience a plus.
Ability to work effectively on individual projects and as part of a team;
Proficiency with MS Office, including Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Visio
Production Finance Coordinator, Skydance Television (Santa Monica, CA)
Skydance Television is seeking a Production Finance Coordinator to assist to VP of Production Finance and Executive Director of Production Finance with various finance and accounting functions, including cost reporting, cash flow preparation and ad hoc analyses.
– Act as Prep/Wrap/Writer’s Room Accountant for multiple productions (process payroll, accounts payable, journal entries, cost reporting, bank reconciliations, etc)
– Facilitate software request for show Accountants
– Assist VP with the preparation of historical episodic analyses
– Perform trend analyses on ATL and BTL spend across various productions
– Assist with new bank account set-up/changes/closures
– Maintain Policies & Procedures Manual
– Prepare ATL pay schedules
– Coordinate weekly funding requests for all shows
– Assist with tracking of domestic and international tax incentives
– Assist with internal and external show audits
– Ad hoc analyses, as required
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking candidates for the position of Manager Production Finance to be based in our Discovery Studios location.
Manage Finance operations for Discovery Studios businesses. Position is based at Studios West in Los Angeles.
Scope of Work and Responsibilities:
1. Lead the month end close process and report on month-end results with variance analysis for Discovery Studios, Global Music Services and Discovery Access.
2. Develop strong working relationship with budget managers and work closely with them to forecast operating expenses – collect and model all relevant information, recommend cost-savings and process improvements.
3. Drive production finance analytics and reporting by partnering with studio management.
4. Prepare financial reports, presentations and other exhibits for management.
5. Setup and manage segregated bank accounts.
6. Enforce established policies and controls.
7. Assist with 1099 and Wilma Tax Return Prep and Consolidation
8. Manage production cash flow.
9. Research production finance tasks as needed.
10. Support FP&A in annual budget process
Job Requirements and Special Skills:
* Minimum of 5 years experience in finance/accounting, preferably in production.
* Strong financial and analytical skills including experience creating complex financial models and efficiently communicating results.
* Ability to manage competing tasks and deadlines while working with multiple departments from various locations.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Candidate must be very detail oriented and possess strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, proactively identifying tasks and providing status updates.
* Experience and strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel; including advanced formulas, pivot tables and formatting. SAP and BPC a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the US
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com.
To apply please visit: https://careers-discovery.icims.com/jobs/18404/manager-production-finance/job?mode=job&iis=SOURCE&iisn=EmilyRice
POST PRODUCTION ACCT WITH TAX INCENTIVE EXP NEEDED!!!!
Production company needs help with processing tax incentive in the state of LA. Our offices are located in Los Angeles, please have tax incentive exp. Starts asap.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Production Payroll Accountant (West Hollywood)
BuzzFeed is seeking a Payroll Lead to add to its small but mighty Production Accounting team. Our non-union productions are high in volume, wide in diversity and cover the globe.
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website at https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs?gh_jid=804854
1st Assistant Accountant needed for non-union Production Company in Encino, CA.
Duties included but are not limited to:
– Invoices and POs: auditing, communicating with vendors, entry, and processing checks;
– Petty cash and P-cards: auditing, communicating with Cashet, entry, and processing checks;
– Wire transfers: initiating through the bank system and recording;
– Assisting with payroll, if needed;
– Filing, if needed;
– Other duties, if needed;
– Knowledge of Vista-5 is a plus.
Must have strong attention to detail, be organized, and be able to handle multiple productions simultaneously.
Looking for a great attitude and team player.
Please send resumes to Jobs@asylument.com
SECOND ASSISTANT – 1/2 HOUR SERIES – LOS ANGELES
Second Assistant needed on half-hour television series shooting in Los Angeles. Prep starts at the end of August.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Immediate need (position to start in 1-2 weeks)
– Perform all tasks related with the preparation, processing, and completion of time-sensitive payroll
– Responsible for protecting the business and our clients by keeping information confidential and secure.
– Ability to assist with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
-Preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows
-Monthly, quarterly and annual financial closes, including timely financial reporting
– Timely production of statutory and internal financial reports
– At least 2 years of experience in payroll processing or payroll accounting preferably in the Entertainment Production industry.
– Ability to work effectively with a team
– Ability to meeting strict deadlines
-Highly organized and great attention to detail
– Strong working knowledge of PC and MAC systems, not limited to Microsoft Office
– Quick learning ability and deep understanding of technical products/systems
– Ability to develop strong working relationships and ability to work with personnel from all levels of organization
-V5 and EASE Experience
-Must have a positive attitude/outlook
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS