Part-time Accountant Needed (Pasadena):
EnMaze LA Office have an opening for a part-time accounting position.
Location: 87 E Green St. Pasadena, CA ,91105
Weekly bookkeeping schedule: 8-16 hours per week.
Project based schedule: hire on each individual film project.
Requirement: Proficiency in QuickBooks or QuickBooks Online, AP/AR, Expensify, MAC Numbers, Google Drive, and Dropbox are required.
Poke us with your resume attached 🙂
http://www.enmaze.com / email@example.com
DIRECTOR, PRODUCTION FINANCE (BURBANK, CA)
• Responsible for the Corporate Controllership function and financial show management of scripted film production including original, licensed, co-produced, network and acquired network series, pilots and special projects.
• Manage budget submissions for productions in partnership with Production Executives, Producers, UPM’s and Accountants.
• Manage all aspects of production accounting, including supervision of 30-35 freelance production accountants.
• Monitor the production process to ensure financial accuracy and swift resolution of any issues.
• Review and analyze all weekly production finance deliverables including but not limited to: bible runs, trial balances, cost reports, hot costs, balance sheets, check registers and insure they are in compliance with policies and procedures.
• Manage all aspects of the production tax incentive process
• Provide accounting teams with guidance on accounting database systems
• Perform ad hoc financial analysis as needed
• Coordinate the pre-buy of foreign currency
• Manages both the recruitment and hiring of new talent
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in television or feature film production accounting
• Strong knowledge of production tax incentives and related process
• Corporate and production accounting expertise
• In depth knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements
• Pragmatic, highly organized and attention to detail
• Strong budgeting skills in MMB
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Team player
• Problem solver
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECTOR, PRODUCTION FINANCE (BURBANK, CA)
• Managing a staff of 4-5 employees
• Responsible for working with the department Vice President in implementing department procedures and workflows
• Responsible for the fiscal management and administration of both internal and external facets of development and production for original, licensed, and acquired network programming.
• Coordinate and manage pre-production finance and accounting inclusive of budget review, corporation set up, greenlight approvals, pre-buy of foreign currency, payroll/accounting systems set up, and production cash flow.
• Review and analyze all weekly production finance deliverables including: ledger bibles, cost reports, balance sheets, check registers, and purchase orders, to ensure accuracy and strict policy adherence.
• Closely monitor the production progress to ensure swift financial issue resolution.
• Provide financial support to Production Executives.
• Ensure adherence to all production accounting policies and procedures.
• Responsible for selecting and engaging freelance production accountants.
• Manage tax incentive process, including but not limited to applications, audits, qualified expense tracking, etc.
• Ensure production advances and studio paid costs are properly recorded in the production general ledger.
• Manage and review post production accounting functions with contracted firms.
• Provide guidance with accounting database systems and administration.
• Plan and perform ad hoc projects as needed
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in television or feature film production accounting is required.
• In depth understanding of motion picture industry accounting and financial practice.
• Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements.
• Passionate about television programming with a keen interest in and aptitude for learning the business.
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate strong analytical skills, and work well under pressure.
• Terrific outgoing interpersonal skills with the ability to conduct internal and external meetings
• Pragmatic, highly organized and high attention to detail.
• Demonstrate ability to work in a corporate environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, PSL3, Movie Magic, and Vista/GV.
• Strong written skills.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Job Location and Duration:
• Los Angeles, CA
• Preproduction and look development January through June 2018
• Work closely with production executives and line producers during the production budgeting phase, prior to green light.
• Run budget comparison analysis for Tax Incentive territories.
• Develop green light packages for new productions and set up payroll with recognized payroll companies when necessary.
• Support line producers and production by setting up production accounting software.
• Coordinate and manage the use of established templates.
• Prepare cash flow schedules prior to studio approval.
• Review production cost reports and report consolidated findings to production and finance executives on a weekly basis escalating areas of concern to ensure swift production decision making.
• Work closely with Business Affairs to ensure production legal requirements and commitments are being met.
• Assist in improving the production accounting policies.
• Assist in obtaining all production accounting studio deliverables at delivery completion.
• Reconcile funding to cash actuals and resolve variances before sign-off.
• Keep track of outstanding deposits to be returned and status of tax incentives.
• Manage post-production accounting performed in-house.
• Assist production and finance executives prepare for weekly slate meetings and Monthly Operating Reviews by providing accurate data for project analysis.
• Plan and perform production cost verification and operational audits.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned by the Production’s Producer.
• Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
• Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
• Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others.
• Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Strong analytical, quantitative and financial skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Film Studies.
• Must have at least 5 years’ experience in production accounting for feature films or television.
• Experience with show accounting for television series a plus.
• In depth knowledge and understanding of payroll, including interpretation of low budget agreements (SAG, DGA, WGA, IA and Teamsters)
• Experience with Tax Incentives for movie production
• Proficiency with the following specialized Entertainment software: PSL3, Vista, MediaWin/Web, MovieMagic
• Familiarity with CAVCO requirements
• Understanding of ASC 926 (SOP-002)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• MS Office Skills: Advanced Excel; PowerPoint & Word
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Accountant / Assistant Controller Needed – Hollywood, CA
Immediate opening for a Staff Accountant / Assistant Controller at a growing Animation Film & TV Production Company.
Duties will consist of assisting the CFO in all areas of responsibility ranging from Development to Production to Distribution to Corporate Accounting, including Financial Reporting, Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Consolidation, General Ledger Analysis, Accounts Receivable Invoicing & Collections, Contract Administration, etc.
The following experience and qualifications are required:
~ Corporate / LLC Accounting Experience
~ QuickBooks Pro / Enterprise
~ Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
~ Team Oriented with Good Communication Skills
The following experience and qualifications are a major plus:
~ Film & TV Series Accounting Experience
~ Working knowledge of PSL3
Group Health Insurance offered.
RESUMES WITHOUT SIGNIFICANT QUICKBOOKS AND EXCEL EXPERIENCE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Please email your resume to EntAcct1@gmail.com.
NY FREELANCE NON-UNION PROD / POST ACCOUNTANT NEEDED FOR NETWORK (IN-HOUSE)
NY Freelance Non-Union Prod / Post Accountant needed for Network (In-House)
Primary duties to cover all aspects of production accounting including:
• Assist with the start-up of a project
• Prod Payroll for union and non-union
• Accounts Payable
• P-Card Reconciliation
• Purchase Orders
• Cost Reporting
• Bank Reconciliation
• Assist with budget review for accuracy
• Journal Entries
• Reconcile Vista to Corp accounting
• Assist with tax incentives/credits audits
• Assist with special projects and reports
• Manage accounting files
• SAP experience helpful
Must be highly organized and possesses strong analytical skills. Working knowledge of Global Vista, Movie Magic Budgeting and Microsoft Office applications.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
NON-UNION PRODUCTION ACCOUNTANT NEEDED (LOS ANGELES)
We are looking for a seasoned Production Accountant to join our accounting team. You will be responsible for performing a variety of accounting duties and required to meet deadlines.
• Prepare show cash flow and monthly cash projections
• Oversee production A/P, payroll, petty cash, and journal entries
• Work closely with Line Producer and EIC to manage show budget
• Ensure productions are in compliance with corporate policies and procedures
• Prepare month end and year end reporting
• 2-3 years of production accounting experience
• Global Vista and Cashet knowledge
• Proficiency with Excel
• Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
• Communicate effectively with others in a team environment
• Team Player with a positive attitude
• Flexible to work longer hours when needed
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
Small prodco is seeking an accounting assistant who is available to start right away. We are working in multiple accounting systems on numerous projects so ability to multitask is a must, and strong analytic and communication skills are also valuable traits.
Work is primarily A/P, P cards, some payroll support and organizational tasks.
Small department with room for growth for the right individual, great opportunity for a 2nd looking to expand their horizons.
Send us your resume and references, thank you.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
Location: BURBANK/LOS ANGELES
Looking for Studio Staff Accountant for a long term position in-house at major network television studio. Position will prep series/pilots, manage day to day operations for 3-4 shows while in production, and wrap series/pilots. Various duties will include misc AP, Payroll, Cost Reporting, Bank and Cost Report reconciliation. Scripted television experience is a MUST. Tax credit paperwork, PSL3 and Global Vista experience is a HUGE plus.
Please be a strong 1st accountant, ideally with union payroll experience. Willing to consider a very strong 2nd accountant. This position is not right for a new or intermediate level 2nd accountant or clerk. 5 years experience with at least one pilot season minimum. This position is offered with Non-Affiliate benefits/IAP contributions.
Please respond with an email address, resume, current rate, and availability.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Time Position Available
We are hiring to fill a Full-Time Accounts Payable position.
We are a growing production company based in Hollywood, looking for a resourceful, dynamic and outgoing individual to assist our Director of Accounting.
-Perform general Accounting duties
-Internal and external reporting
-Process vendor invoices and payments
-Make Payments to Vendors
-Respond to vendor inquiries
-Maintain files and documents/scanning
-Assist with month-end close
-Assist with special projects as needed
-Assisting with 1099 preparation and filing
-Maintaining filing system
-Bank accounts reconciliations
-Wire transfers processing
Qualifications & Skills:
-Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
-Priority – Must have excellent QuickBooks skills
-Must have a working proficiency of MS Excel
-Must demonstrate self-initiative and a desire to learn and grow
-Must be highly detail-oriented and well-organized
-Must thrive in fast-paced environments
-Must have excellent communication skills
-5+ years’ experience working in Accounting
-College degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred
-Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
-Experience working in the Entertainment Industry preferred
Schedule: Monday-Friday. 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com