Digital news start up in Studio City requires a Production Accountant.
Start date on/about November 27 for 12 months. Non union. Full time. 1500/week, health benefits after 90 days.
Proficiency in MMB, QuickBooks and Paychex required.
The usual accounting duties:
-Knowledge of A/P and A/R cycles, general ledgers, journal entries, cash flow, hot costs
-High level of Excel knowledge
-Reconcile bank accounts and month-end journal entries
-Track corporate funding requests
– 1099 and W-2 preparation
-Finance/Accounting degree preferred
-5+ years of relevant production accounting experience
–Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines
-Sense of humor
Also looking for a Production Coordinator with news experience. MFN with Accountant.
In subject line: “PA/POC-resume J. Doe” (as an example). Any emails/resumes that are not labeled that way (including resume with last name) will be deleted.
Cover letter, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full Charge Production Accountant for New Media Company (NYC)
Looking for a very strong 1st Assistant ready to step up! You’ll run our NYC Production Accounting department for this LA-based New Media company. You’ll be wangling paperwork, receipts, checking time cards, entering data and managing all admin responsibilities AP, PR, Cashet, etc.
Start as a full time freelancer and let’s see where it goes. Our NYC productions are growing and this could easily turn into a solid full time position for the right person. Start immediately.
Must have rock solid EP/Ease/Smart Accounting, Cashet, and advanced Excel. Must really know how to process payroll and check edits. Minimum of 3 years Production Accounting experience.
Must have that, “Let’s get this done!” positive attitude with the work ethic to back it up! Forward thinking super creative company. No haters please. Just flexible people, wanting to learn and grow!
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS ProdAcct90028@gmail.com
A media entertainment company creating content for television and digital platform distribution is seeking a Production Accounting Assistant to provide support to the Production Accounting team on various projects currently in production through Mid-January.
– Process A/P
– Keep information confidential and secure to protect our business and our clients
– Reconcile PCard statements and Petty Cash
– Assist with payroll processing
– Reconcile bank accounts and assist with month-end journal entries
– Other general office duties as assigned
– Immediate need (position to start ASAP)
– 2 years of relevant production accounting experience
– Highly organized and great attention to detail
– Team player with a positive attitude
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines
– Payroll experience a plus
– V5 experience; CASHét experience a plus
Please send your resume to email@example.com
FOR IMMEDIATE HIRE: TV PRODUCTION FINANCE EXEC (BURBANK, CA)
Looking for a TV Finance Executive who will play a critical role in working with the core leadership team to drive company objectives and to assure goals are met. Direct the financial planning and analysis process, including monthly operating reviews, quarterly forecasts, the annual budget and long-range plan across all projects. This position would be hired as a consultant with the option for permanent hire for the right candidate.
– All corporate accounting, financial planning, reporting, cash management, and budgeting.
– Provide critical insight and analysis to upper management.
– Must be able to lead, supervise and integrate all production accounting into the corporate accounting system.
– Vet budgets created by Line Producers for potential shows and make necessary additions/changes and consult with the Physical Production Executive during the process.
– Create systems and procedures for Accountants on productions and on the corporate level as the department grows.
– Identify, hire and oversee strong accountant candidates for productions
– Minimum 10 years of experience in a production finance (any content type, but preference towards experience in Scripted and International Features and Series)
– Passionate about original programming with a keen interest in building new business models
– Extensive experience living & working on productions is preferred
– Extensive experience with opening bank accounts, applying for P-cards, and start-up payroll on productions.
– Strong knowledge of US and global tax incentives
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accounting, Clerk B
– Process invoices, journal entries, and checks for deposit
– File and organize accounting records for storage and request record destructions based on corporate record retention guidelines
– Process AMEX requests
– Add vendors to the Common Vendor System
– Daily mail runs on the Studio Lot
– Perform bank reconciliations
– Process Upload and Downloads; obtain back-up for download charges
– Cross-train to process Development payroll
– Maintain order in copy rooms
– Other projects as requested
– Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
– Proficiency in MS Office Tools: Word, Excel
– Prior Vista/PSL experience preferred
– Sense of urgency and ability to multi-task
– Team player
– Ability to lift 25lbs
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com
for more info, please see the link: https://www.foxcareers.com/Search/JobDetail/FFE0005673?organization=20th+Century+Fox
Senior Payroll Compliance Auditor
The Senior Payroll Compliance Auditor position provides detailed analysis of findings and coordinate all analytical, technical and research tasks. Works closely with clients, managers, and partners. Senior Payroll Compliance Auditors ascertain compliance with union and guild agreements with respect to the contractual contributions made by employers.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Understanding of television and film production and distribution.
• 3 years or more of relevant production accounting experience.
• Experience in television and film production payroll.
• Understanding of payroll taxes including pension, health and welfare contributions.
• Working knowledge of guild agreements including residuals.
• Accounting degree preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Access.
• Detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and adapt to fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Some travel required.
At Miller Kaplan Arase LLP we are committed to our employees reaching their highest potential while building a fulfilling career. We provide quality training, a lifetime learning experience and a positive work environment. The firm offers competitive salary with full benefits including health, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, LTD, FSA, paid vacation and sick leave.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS firstname.lastname@example.org
link for more info: http://www.millerkaplan.com/careers/opportunities/
Studio Staff Assistant needed:
Studio on the west side is seeking a non-union staff accounting assistant to assist a staff accountant on wrapping multiple series. Duties include, but not limited to:
• Global Vista knowledge
• Entering purchase orders
• Entering accounts payable and cutting checks
• Researching open invoices/statements
• Bank reconciliations
• 1099 review
Candidate must be flexible and able to multi-task with good verbal/written skills as well preparing excel spreadsheets. This position does not provide motion picture benefits, but does provide basic non-union staff benefits.
Please send current resume with references to email@example.com
FINANCE CLERK NEEDED FOR FEATURE PRODUCTION COMPANY (BURBANK, CA)
Opening for full-time staff position to support VP and Director, Production Finance at fast-growing Burbank entertainment company.
– Proficiency with Excel
– Experience with PSL and EP Smart Accounting software preferred
– Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills
– Willing to train the right candidate who is sharp and eager to learn
Please send resume, cover letter, and current availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate Director, Tax Planning
FOX is hiring an Experienced Professional to enhance our Film and Television Production Incentives team. We seek a motivated, conscientious and contribution-oriented professional, who exhibits strong written and oral communication skills, a high aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, and excellent tax and legal research skills. You will be a part of a dynamic and creative team working directly with our production business units in the research, planning, administration and recoupment aspects of the incentive process. This role offers room for professional growth and development, both within the tax department and FOX.
The Production Incentives team is a tax-based, internal service provider to FOX’s film and television production units. Our primary objective is to maximize and monetize all domestic and international production incentives. Additionally, we provide tax guidance and compliance support for productions with income taxes, payroll taxes, and indirect taxes matters. In this exciting and unique group, you have an opportunity to truly understand the film and television production business, while continuing to develop as a tax professional.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
• CPA or JD/LLM, a plus
• 5+ years of tax experience at a professional services firm or comparable production/post production experience with estimating film incentives in worldwide jurisdictions.
• Big 4, public accounting or law firm experience preferred
• Studio, entertainment industry, or other film and television production experience a plus.
• Ability to work effectively on individual projects and as part of a team;
• Proficiency with MS Office, including Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Visio
• Experience with Movie Magic Budgeting, PSL, and Vista products a plus.
Stage 13 is a fearless original digital content brand, showcasing a new generation of talent and fresh creative voices, creating dynamic, unapologetic scripted and unscripted short-form series. Stage 13 is part of the Warner Bros. Digital Networks.
Are you a business professional with an avid interest in television? Are you a freelance accountant on hit TV shows ready to make an in-house move? The Stage 13 finance team is currently offering a great opportunity. We are looking for a Production Accountant to cover our development, production, and general corporate needs.
What part will you play?
Audit cost reports and other documents from production companies against approved production budgets, process payments according to production services agreements, and assist with production budgeting and planning.
Interpret development contracts, process payments according to contractual obligations, and assist with development budgeting, tracking and reporting.
Oversee accounting for development, production, and other projects, including: start paperwork, petty cash requests, time cards, and other forms, ensuring all requirements including employment laws are met.
Run and review reports (e.g., PSL reports, production bibles, and GL detail), and prepare items including journal entries and accruals.
Handle check and wire requests, invoice processing and coding, purchase orders, and vendor creation/maintenance, including allocation to correct show or corporate account.
Manage PCard process and reconciliation, ensuring all approvals and receipts are obtained and transactions correctly coded to overhead or to shows.
Ensure corporate finance and accounting requirements are met and adhere to required reporting processes.
What do we require from you?
College degree in related field and/or comparable work experience
2 years of experience in television/film production accounting
Ability to interpret contracts/deal memos in order to assess validity of costs
Knowledge of SAG/AFTRA/IATSE/DGA time tables & rates and Cast & Crew payroll
Familiarity with systems including SAP, PSL,Vista, Movie Magic Budgeting & Entertainment Partners Budgeting