NEW YORK TELEVISION PRODUCTION COMPANY SEEKING
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT OF FINANCE
Successful and expanding NYC production company looking for a Finance Executive who will play a critical role in working with the core leadership team to drive company objectives and to assure that goals are met. Direct the financial planning and analysis process, including monthly operating reviews, quarterly forecasts, the annual budget and long-range plan across all projects.
Responsibilities include all corporate accounting, financial planning, reporting, cash management and budgeting. Provide critical insight and analysis to upper management. Must be able to lead, supervise and integrate all production accounting into the corporate accounting system.
• Oversee long-term planning and cost management of all television and digital content in alignment with the company strategy, especially as the organization undergoes growth and expansion opportunities.
• Drive teams to achieve annual financial targets and goals
• Monitor the performance of the company’s slate of productions.
• Mentor and guide direct reports, managing work allocation and driving engagement. Build a collaborative and effective team dynamic.
• Work closely with the CEO , Director of Finance and Heads of Production to communicate timely updates on production costs and projections.
The Executive will be a seasoned leader with broad entertainment finance experience, ideally having a strong FP&A background paired with an auditing or accounting background and 10-15 years of experience. B.A. in Business, Finance, or Accounting required and MBA preferred.
• A strong record of operational focus and accomplishment as a SVP of Finance or like role for a network or production company in TV production.
• Experience working in non-union and union unscripted television. Must be a true business partner to the leadership of a fast paced growing organization.
• A demonstrated understanding of the television production cycle, from development through production and exploitation across all windows.
• Experience in taking a strategic vision and converting it to an operational model.
• Demonstrated ability to provide objective analysis and crucial advice to key company owner.
• Past experience creating and managing critical organizational and financial management systems.
• Strong understanding of television production as well as television accounting, particularly with respect to revenue recognition and cost amortization.
• Ability to identify areas of improvement in various processes, including green lighting, forecasting, modeling, and reporting functions.
• Ability to drive a culture of continuous improvement within the production finance department
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills. Articulate with strong presentation skills.
• Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, high growth, evolving organization in a dynamic industry landscape.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Maintain an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
• Ensure timely reporting of all monthly financial information
• Enforce accounting policies and procedures
• Support and collaborate with production accounting department managers to achieve overall department goals and objectives.
• Review production cost reports and estimates to complete for management reporting
• Track milestone payments and cash flow
• Advise staff on the handling of complex accounting transactions
• Implement uniform reporting structures, standard accounting procedures and oversee show cost reporting
• Manage bank, payroll, network and outside vendor relationships
• Monitor and analyzes accounting department work to develop more efficient procedures
• Review and analyze all weekly production finance deliverables including but not limited to: trial balances, cost reports, balance sheets, check registers and insure compliance with policies and procedures while maintaining a high level of accuracy
• Responsible for responding to auditor requests related to quarterly financial reviews and tax filings
• Support management team with financial document requests and special projects
• Manage accounting staff including training, professional development, performance reviews and recruitment and hiring of new talent
• Manage all aspects of the production tax incentive process
BA/BS in B.A. in Business, Finance, or Accounting required and MBA preferred.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND PRIOR EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 10-15 year’s prior management experience in FP&A, Accounting or Finance within the Television Production industry.
• In-depth understanding of television industry accounting and financial practices
• Ability to thrive in a fast-pace setting environment. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Movie Magic Budgeting, EASE accounting system and QuickBooks
• Strong management, verbal and written communication skills
• Must have a high level of professionalism, confidence, and diplomacy
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and leadership service skills required
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS email@example.com