Sony Pictures Entertainment, Culver City, CA
Senior Production Accountant-CUL00003674 Description
The Digital Production Accountant provides financial support and analysis for Animation and Visual Effects productions. This position is responsible for all financial and accounting functionalities on both types of films including production budgeting, forecasting/cash flows, profit analysis, headcount analysis, general accounting and ad-hoc analysis. The Digital Production Accountant will work directly with the Producers, Production Managers, Coordinators, as well as with clients, Director of IT Systems, and Finance Management.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage all financial aspects of production accounting: including budgeting, cashflow, cost tracking, headcount tracking, variance analysis, forecasting estimated final cost (EFC), profit analysis, production quota and productivity reporting, and ad hoc analysis.
– Budgeting and cost tracking Animation and VFX films (Development, Pre-Production, Production and Post Production phases)
– Prepare weekly Estimated Final Cost (EFC) forecasting, cash flow forecasting, headcount summary, variance analysis, reporting and miscellaneous journals and account re-classes
– Prepare weekly quota and artist productivity reports for production
– Review weekly reports for accuracy and making reclassifications as required
– Analyze cause of variances
– Extract budgets into EFC reporting
– Database maintenance including rate updates, crewing date changes and coding
– Review and code purchase orders, invoices, petty cash, procurement card expenses, etc.
– Prepare audit backup to support all show expenditures as needed
– Audit production time cards
– Labor tracking by employee and task
– Perform complex financial analysis on an as needed basis
– Additional production related accounting functions as requested by Finance Management.
– Ability to manipulate large amount of data into concise and informative reports for Sr. Management
– B.A./B.S. Finance/Accounting degree
– CPA or MBA preferred
– 4+ years – production accounting experience (Animation/VFX preferred)
– Advanced Excel Skills required, SAP knowledge a plus
– An understanding of Canadian tax incentive programs is a plus
– Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
– Excellent analytical, organizational and forecasting skills
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work and remain detail oriented
– Deep understanding of production cycles and ability to work in ambiguous situations
Job Finance & Accounting
Primary LocationNorth America-United States of America-Culver City Area, California Organization Motion Picture Finance Schedule Full-time
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: firstname.lastname@example.org