We are the in-house production company for a major cable network and we are seeking a non-union production accountant to join our 7-person team to handle our development department. This person will need to be able to juggle many small projects and keep them all organized and separate in one account. We are looking for someone with Global Vista experience and strong excel skills. You also need to be able to process weekly payroll, have cost reporting knowledge, and a good personality and ability to work well with a large team. Position will be available the beginning of March. Please send resumes to Joshua_wooster@wilmatvinc.com
Our social media startup is looking for a virtual CFO or concierge accounting service to handle expense reimbursements, reports and receipts, monthly financial reports, vendors invoices and payments, then annual financials and tax filings. We need a CPA- everything needs to be GAAP compliant. Flexible hours and your location is flexible but a bonus if located in NYC or LA.
Please send what you would charge monthly for this service and how many hours you predict would be included monthly. Also, please send a link to your linkedin, your resume and a website if you have one. Thanks!
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: firstname.lastname@example.org
STAFF LEAD PRODUCTION ACCOUNTANT/FINANCE MANAGER
New York reality and documentary TV Production Company seeks staff Lead
Production Accountant/Finance Manager.
New York based
• 5 years+ experience with 3rd Party production company Accounting and
Corporate Finance Management
• Degree in Accounting or qualification preferred
• Experienced in production accounting reporting (Vista or Media Web Cost
Report, Trial Balance, General Ledger, 1099, etc.)
• Experience with Bank reconciliation and reporting
• Start March 23rd or 30th
• Management of the Corporate GL and Cash Flow
• Preparation of monthly and annual fiscal forecasts of all budgets against
the corporate Cash Flow
• Corporate and Production A/P and A/R
• Monitoring and reporting of show margins to the CFO
• Process and track payroll
• PO System
• Bank and credit card reconciliation
• Cost Reports
• Closing Period – Process upon approval of cost/variance report
• Tax reporting
• Labor laws, federal and state rules and regulations
• Ability to manage multiple productions
• Work with the CFO and EIC to maintain proper operational controls
• References List
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: email@example.com
JOB LISTING: Manager – Production Finance (Beverly Hills, CA)
This is your chance to be on the ground floor with a team that is transforming entertainment through original productions, changing the perception of what great content is and how it should be enjoyed and celebrated. Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 57 million streaming members in more than 50 countries. With continued international expansion and a growing slate of original productions, it’s a great time to join Netflix.
The Manager of Production Finance will be instrumental in creating and implementing the production finance goals of The Originals team. The goals include i) providing accurate, timely and complete production budgets and estimated final costs for the team ii) protecting company assets through cash management, policies and procedures, insurance and iii) providing the shows with the production finance support to facilitate producing great content.
The Manager will partner with the Originals team primarily in film and scripted series.
– Collaborate with Line Producers, Production Managers, Accounting Staff and the
– Netflix Originals team to deliver the highest quality original entertainment content.
– Research, develop and test new technologies that provide the next generation of production finance tools and determine how and when to best incorporate into the production accounting workflow.
– Hire the most talented production accounting teams with the skillset to provide the highest level of production accounting support on shows that are some of the most ambitious and complex to be ever produced. Accounting teams must be self -motivated, resourceful, dedicated, hardworking, focused and strive for only the highest level of professional ethics, consistent mathematical accuracy and completeness, and embody the Netflix ethos.
– Liaise with Netflix HR, Labor Relations, Corporate Accounting, Internal Audit, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Treasury, IT to ensure production finance policies and procedures are current and effectively implemented on our productions.
– Prepare initial production budgets.
– Manage production incentive workflow and ensure receipt of tax credits or cash.
– Ensure that insurance claim costs are accurate and adequately supported by schedules, invoices and payroll documents.
– Manage cash flow and funding processes.
– Review production budgets, cost reports, trial balances and petty cash reconciliations prepared by show accountants.
– Work with show accountants on a day to day basis to drive accurate, complete and timely cost reporting, protecting and managing show assets and supporting production.
– Identify problem area as quickly as possible including breakdown in communication between department heads, upm’s, producers and accountants and minimal use of PO’s.
– Develop relationships with Film Commissioners, CPA audit firms, Accountants, Producers and Payroll Companies to build resources and networks from which to poll industry information and help ensure all production finance processes are current, reasonable and timely.
– Facilitate the training and mentoring of junior production accounting staff on Netflix shows with the goal of increasing the pool of loyal “star” accounting candidates for future Netflix productions.
– Keep abreast of current and changing industry trends, evolving technologies, production incentives and changes in crew capacity and infrastructure support in the main worldwide production centers.
– Travel to production locations where our shows are filming to audit, review work flows, organizational abilities and effectiveness of accounting staff.
– Candidates must have 10+ years in feature film and television production accounting.
– Candidates must have 5+ years working as a Lead Production Accountant on local and distant location major studio size productions.
– Broad understanding of production incentives.
– Solid understanding of payroll process, union labor agreements and tax requirements.
– Complete understanding of P2P process and tax requirements.
– Expert skill level of Movie Magic Budgeting and either Vista or PSL production accounting systems.
– College degree in accounting or finance from a well-known university is preferred.
– Proven ability to lead and manage a team.
– Solution focused.
– Ability to understand and articulate issues using creative, production or financial context.
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post production company located in West Los Angeles is looking for an accounting manager who’s duties will include:
oveseeing month-end financial close
assist CFO with ad-hoc reporting
Manage cash flow
calculate tax payment
perform monthly bank and PC reconciliations Looking for upbeat, congenial person with ability to be calm in a storm
EMAIL FOR SUBMISSIONS: email@example.com
Finance Manager, Santa Monica, CA:
• Oversee month-end financial close including journal entries, account reconciliations, budget-variance analysis, review and financial statement preparation
• Directly responsible for Affiliate and Advertising revenue including associated analyses and reports
• Perform financial projections over Programming assets
• Direct supervision of Staff Accountant, Junior Accountant, and Payroll Accountant
• Perform analysis over monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements including departmental budget variances
• Assist the VP, Finance with department responsibilities
• Interface directly with department heads to provide financial support and analysis
• Assist with the preparation of materials for Board meetings
• Assist with the annual budgeting and forecast process including substantial involvement with Affiliate and Programming specifically
• Oversee annual audit serving as point of contact
• Recommend and implement processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
• Manage AP disbursements and cash flow
• Special projects as needed or assigned
Please send resumes to: Humanresources@ovationtv.com
This position will work closely with the Manager of Production Finance to assist in servicing the production accounting department of all FXP shows related to bank account set-up, funding, production accounting system set-up, compliance, and bill back of studio costs.
Submit all resumes to: FNGCareers@fox.com
Sr Manager, Accounting (Santa Monica) at Demand Media
for all qualified applicants, they can email me directly: Faizah.firstname.lastname@example.org